Number of items on the Clipboard

Is there a way in which to increase the number of historical items held on the Clipboard?

At the moment it seems that the 12 most recent are available, I would like to increase this number. I know in Launchbar this is possible by going to /home/Library/preference and look for at.obdev.LaunchBar.plist and changing the number from their default of 40, but I am unable to find a comparable plist for Alfred. I would like to change Alfred’s capability to 40. Thanks for any help.

Is there a way in which to increase the number of historical items held on the Clipboard?

At the moment it seems that the 12 most recent are available, I would like to increase this number. I know in Launchbar this is possible by going to /home/Library/preference and look for at.obdev.LaunchBar.plist and changing the number from their default of 40, but I am unable to find a comparable plist for Alfred. I would like to change Alfred’s capability to 40. Thanks for any help.

You can persist the clipboard for up to three months, where Alfred will save every item copied to the clipboard. You can then search by typing part of the copied text.

As for scrolling through without narrowing your search first, Alfred shows you 50 items by default, so just use the down arrow to scroll through these :)

Vero, thank you very much for your reply, that is helpful. One follow up question, am I right in thinking that items held as snippets are permanent? Best regards.

Yes, in comparison to clipboard history, which is time-limited, the snippets stay once you add them. We still recommend having a backup of your Mac  if you build up a large snippets database! :)