Sending email: Alfred won't default to Postbox

Hi

I'm using Postbox as my client for Gmail. After ticking 'use Gmail to compose email' under 'Contacts' > 'email', I was hoping Alfred would default to sending emails via Postbox. Instead, when I attempt to send email using Alfred, it defaults to the web based Gmail account which I don't like using at all.

I'm very new to Alfred - can you help?

Thanks

Paul

Hi

I'm using Postbox as my client for Gmail. After ticking 'use Gmail to compose email' under 'Contacts' > 'email', I was hoping Alfred would default to sending emails via Postbox. Instead, when I attempt to send email using Alfred, it defaults to the web based Gmail account which I don't like using at all.

Thanks

Paul

Ticking the "Use Gmail to compose Email" will force Alfred to use the Gmail web interface to compose. To use Postbox, you would need to untick that option and just have Postbox set as your default mail client in OSX.

Hi

In addition to David's helpful advice above, you can find out what your default mail client is by launching Mail.app's preferences. Under Mail's General preferences, the first dropdown menu is "Default Email Reader". You can either select Postbox there or choose "Select..." to set it manually :)

• 3 weeks later...