Yosemite DP4: Dictionary Definitions Missing from Results Window

phyllisstein

Hey Andrew! Long time no see! I hate to play the bad penny, but after a shameful dalliance with the Spotlight redesign I've come crawling back and reinstalled Alfred under the latest Yosemite Developer Preview—build 14A298i, allegedly; I think that's DP4—and noticed a little glitch. When I look up a word with the dictionary shortcut, Alfred shows a link to the definition but not the definition itself. I'm attaching a screenshot, in case that's helpful. Not by any means a pressing problem, natch, and one that I arguably brought on myself by jumping at a prerelease OS like a dog at a leg, but if you have any suggestions I'd be only too glad to hear them. Thanks in advance for your help; and thanks, as always, for all your hard work on Alfred!

dictionary.png

Hey Andrew! Long time no see! I hate to play the bad penny, but after a shameful dalliance with the Spotlight redesign I've come crawling back and reinstalled Alfred under the latest Yosemite Developer Preview—build 14A298i, allegedly; I think that's DP4—and noticed a little glitch. When I look up a word with the dictionary shortcut, Alfred shows a link to the definition but not the definition itself. I'm attaching a screenshot, in case that's helpful. Not by any means a pressing problem, natch, and one that I arguably brought on myself by jumping at a prerelease OS like a dog at a leg, but if you have any suggestions I'd be only too glad to hear them. Thanks in advance for your help; and thanks, as always, for all your hard work on Alfred!

Hey there! If you have subtext hidden, the definition isn't going to be there. I actually have a ticket to be able to set a mod key to show subtext when you have this hidden for any result... but the define action should still open in dictionary (and spell just paste).

Cheers,

Andrew

Sweet fancy Moses, Andrew, this just about shatters all my personal records for density and foolishness. I didn't even know that checkbox existed, let alone how it got checked. Thanks for bringing it to my attention—all appears to be well now.

duh.png

Sweet fancy Moses, Andrew, this just about shatters all my personal records for density and foolishness. I didn't even know that checkbox existed, let alone how it got checked. Thanks for bringing it to my attention—all appears to be well now.

Good good! :)