Unable to relocate prefs in DropBox.

many moons ago, I originally set up my Alfred install on my home machine to sync preferences file  ~/Dropbox/apps/Alfred.alfredpreferences and set up my work machine later to sync to the same place.

I recently had to re-image my work machine and somehow, when I tried to set up Dropbox sync, it created the preferences file ~/Dropbox/Alfred.alfredpreferences (not in the app subfolder).

Now, I am unable to tell it to use the preferences in the ~/Dropbox/apps folder - when I open the preferences, that folder is greyed out.

Completely deleting /Users/<me>/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2 and re-launching will prompt me to license powerpack, which I do, then when I go to set up preferences syncing, it immediately creates the prefs file ~/Dropbox/Alfred.alfredpreferences again and ~/Dropbox/apps/ is still greyed out.

I'd much rather not sync Alfred.alfredpreferences in the root of my ~/Dropbox/, it's already full enough and I exclude the /apps folder from syncing on my non-OSX boxes to avoid this stuff ending up everywhere.

Is there a way to manually re-point where Alfred is looking?

many moons ago, I originally set up my Alfred install on my home machine to sync preferences file  ~/Dropbox/apps/Alfred.alfredpreferences and set up my work machine later to sync to the same place.

I recently had to re-image my work machine and somehow, when I tried to set up Dropbox sync, it created the preferences file ~/Dropbox/Alfred.alfredpreferences (not in the app subfolder).

Now, I am unable to tell it to use the preferences in the ~/Dropbox/apps folder - when I open the preferences, that folder is greyed out.

Completely deleting /Users/<me>/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2 and re-launching will prompt me to license powerpack, which I do, then when I go to set up preferences syncing, it immediately creates the prefs file ~/Dropbox/Alfred.alfredpreferences again and ~/Dropbox/apps/ is still greyed out.

I'd much rather not sync Alfred.alfredpreferences in the root of my ~/Dropbox/, it's already full enough and I exclude the /apps folder from syncing on my non-OSX boxes to avoid this stuff ending up everywhere.

Is there a way to manually re-point where Alfred is looking?

We have had quite a few users report issues with the apps folder in Dropbox which seems to exhibit odd syncing behaviour, so it's disabled by default. Having said that, you can still use this folder if things are working fine for you... take a look at this support article:

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:dropbox-apps-folder

[moving to the help sub-forum]

Cheers,

Andrew