Clipboard History pastes into wrong Terminal window when on different displays

I have two Terminal windows open, one on the MacBook's internal display, one on an external display.

The Dock is on the external screen.

When I invoke the clipboard history shortcut with a text cursor in the focused terminal window on the external display, pasting an item from the history will insert the text into the other window on the internal display, which is clearly wrong (and particularly dangerous with Terminal windows :( )

When I move both Terminal windows to the external display, the problem does not happen, so it seems to be related to the internal display rather than the window itself.

I already upgraded to the pre-release version to check if it fixes the issue, but it does not:

OS X 10.9.4

Alfred 2.4 (277)

I have two Terminal windows open, one on the MacBook's internal display, one on an external display.

The Dock is on the external screen.

When I invoke the clipboard history shortcut with a text cursor in the focused terminal window on the external display, pasting an item from the history will insert the text into the other window on the internal display, which is clearly wrong (and particularly dangerous with Terminal windows :( )

When I move both Terminal windows to the external display, the problem does not happen, so it seems to be related to the internal display rather than the window itself.

I already upgraded to the pre-release version to check if it fixes the issue, but it does not:

OS X 10.9.4

Alfred 2.4 (277)

Try showing Alfred on the active screen. You can set this up in Alfred's Appearance > Options > "Show Alfred on..."

Cheers,

Andrew

One step ahead of you :) Forgot to mention this in the original post. Still does not work.

Hmm playing with this, it looks like it could be a quirk in Terminal.app which always returns the focus back to the original window.  If I have two Terminal windows open and simply show Alfred then press Esc, the focus always goes back to the main Terminal window. If I try the same with other apps (such as Safari), the focus returns to the previous window as expected.

I don't thing there is anything I can do about this unfortunately!

Cheers,

Andrew

• 6 months later...

I am pretty positive that this is an apple bug in mission control.  I disabled the "Displays have separate Spaces" setting in mission control, logged out/in and the problem goes away.  This was a bit extreme for me though because you loose the menu bar on the second display when doing this.  I then tried changing the "When switching to an application, switch to a Space with open windows for the application" setting.  This didn't work until I logged out/in (even though the setting doesn't tell you to log out).  Hopefully this works for everyone.

I am pretty positive that this is an apple bug in mission control.  I disabled the "Displays have separate Spaces" setting in mission control, logged out/in and the problem goes away.  This was a bit extreme for me though because you loose the menu bar on the second display when doing this.  I then tried changing the "When switching to an application, switch to a Space with open windows for the application" setting.  This didn't work until I logged out/in (even though the setting doesn't tell you to log out).  Hopefully this works for everyone.

That did not fix it.  I came into work today and it started doing it again.  

It's not just Terminal.app.

I captured several url's and wanted to use clipboard history to paste them into a note field in OmniFocus. Bringing up clipboard history and selecting an entry took me back to the browser using that url.

I then tried to paste into Emacs and it worked fine. I went back to OmniFocus to try again but the url got pasted in Emacs. Pasting just doesn't go where I want it to go.

All apps are running on the main display. I have two other displays connected to this iMac.

This is definitely an oddity outside of Alfred's control (as Alfred doesn't tell OS X which app to focus when hiding). I've been able to reproduce this in the past but am currently unable to. Out of interest, what settings do you have selected in the Mission Control prefs regarding spaces?