Evernote 5.6 Beta 5

Hi

The latest Evernote 5.6 beta added the ability to search for notes with Spotlight.

I'd kinda thought that Evernote notes would then automatically be searchable from Alfred as Alfred uses the same meta stuff

But this is not happening 

I know there's a great Evernote workflow, but would be interested in just using the standard Alfred file searching...

Anyone got any ideas why the Evernote notes are not showing in Alfred when they do show in Spotlight?

Thanks

Hi

The latest Evernote 5.6 beta added the ability to search for notes with Spotlight.

I'd kinda thought that Evernote notes would then automatically be searchable from Alfred as Alfred uses the same meta stuff

But this is not happening 

I know there's a great Evernote workflow, but would be interested in just using the standard Alfred file searching...

Anyone got any ideas why the Evernote notes are not showing in Alfred when they do show in Spotlight?

Thanks

Did you try the find keyword or just pressing space before the search term? Also, what is the path to the results that it finds? Is that path within Alfred's scope?

Hi David

I've tried both find and pressing space

I'm not sure what the path should be. I've added ~/Library/Application Support/Evernote but this doesn't seem to have an effect.

Not sure if it needs a "User-defined file type" ??

I downloaded Evernote just to try and test this out and I'm not sure if I was missing something or what but I couldn't get Spotlight to find the notes that I created. I also looked around real quick and didn't see the created notes anywhere. If we can find them, I'd help out but we have to verify that Spotlight does indeed find them first and find where they are located to see if we can figure out why they aren't showing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spacecadet9,

This worked for me:

1) added ./Library/CoreData/com.evernote.Evernote to Alfred's search scope (although it is possible that its /ENNote subfolder is the only thing you need)

2) added a *.ennote file (you can find them in the /ENNote subfolder) to the user-defined file types.

This also provides a better preview (pressing shift) as opposed to the Evernote workflow, however it could be better...  

The only minor annoyance is that the result subtitle shows a very long path, but I guess it cannot be avoided.

Hope this helps

giovanni