shortcut/open files in one specific directory

I have a directory in my home folder with stuff init, call it ~/mystuff.

It frequently has files/directories that have the same name as other files in my computer.

But these are the ones I want Alfred to open.

Ideally: I'd like to assign a single global shortcut that opens a file search in that folder only.

Alternatively, if I could assign a prefix character, say, "m", so I could type that in the alfred search window, so that anything I type after that shows me matches in that directory only.

Any way to get this behavior?

I have a directory in my home folder with stuff init, call it ~/mystuff.

It frequently has files/directories that have the same name as other files in my computer.

But these are the ones I want Alfred to open.

Ideally: I'd like to assign a single global shortcut that opens a file search in that folder only.

Alternatively, if I could assign a prefix character, say, "m", so I could type that in the alfred search window, so that anything I type after that shows me matches in that directory only.

Any way to get this behavior?

This is possible with the Powerpack, so if you upgrade to the Powerpack and fill in your registered email address in your forum profile, I'll be happy to help you create a workflow for this :)

Cheers,

Vero

Thanks Vero - I am a paying powerpack user and I've udpated my account to include my powerpack address.

Thanks for filling this in :)

You can create a file filter to do exactly what you describe. Launch Alfred's preferences to the Workflows tab and click the + to choose Templates > Files and Apps > File Filter from keyword and open. In the File Filter object, set your keyword and drag the folder(s) you want to search into the search scope.

Here's a tutorial on creating a file filter, which you might find useful for more details on this type of workflow:

http://blog.alfredapp.com/2014/04/24/tutorial-creating-an-alfred-workflow-without-a-single-line-of-code/