Workflow for reading list

Hello everyone.

I'm using Firefox as my main browser but (obviously) using Safari on my iDevices. One thing I rather miss from using Safari on OS X as well was the reading list; being able to check the news and browse hackernews in the morning and add long articles to the reading list was nice.

I've found a python script which will output the whole list (both read and unread). I'd like to make a Workflow for Alfred which will show the latest 10 or 20 urls and copy the selected to the clipboard.

The python script is here if you'd like to play around with it.

I've tried making the workflow but can't seem to find a suitable method to get the output of a script as results.

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Is this no good for you? Or did you want to write one yourself?

I wrote a tutorial that describes how to do something similar with Pinboard.in posts. If you start off with that tutorial and replace the function that gets your Pinboard.in posts with the script you've found to get your Reading List items, you should be good to go.

Is this no good for you? Or did you want to write one yourself?

I wrote a tutorial that describes how to do something similar with Pinboard.in posts. If you start off with that tutorial and replace the function that gets your Pinboard.in posts with the script you've found to get your Reading List items, you should be good to go.

Awesome, that was exactly what I was looking for! I cannot believe I missed that.

I assume you mean the workflow. Packal is a much better place to search for workflows than on the forum. Forums are great for many things, but they don't make good directories.

FWIW, I wrote a workflow to search Packal if opening a browser window is too much effort, and Shawn (who wrote and runs Packal.org) has a particularly nifty workflow that can keep your workflows up to date.