Outlook for Mac workflow

Nice, thanks!!

I had completely forgotten to update the workflows for Outlook 15.

Editing the previous ones is fairly trivial, but in case people don't know the location of the identity in Outlook 15, or the details that need adjustments, I placed updated (Outlook 15 only) workflows in a zip archive here:

http://www.cortig.net/files/Outlook15Workflows.zip

I didn't mean to duplicate your new workflow boutwell. I thought reposting the whole set was still useful since you only provided the workflow for messages, and not contacts and calendar events.

Corentin

Edited by cortig
  • 2 years later...

I would like to use Messages, Contacts and Events workflows with Office 365 /Outlook for Mac/latest version 15.39) on my desktop,  and I have the Powerpack...any chances someone with more abilities than me can achieve this? When I enter 'Email' and 'name' into Alfred, a list of names from the CONTACTS app show up, and while I can click and create an email from OUTLOOK (my default email client), the email address is not correct as my CONTACTS app is not current; how to make OUTLOOK the default? ty.

55 minutes ago, Dax said:

I would like to use Messages, Contacts and Events workflows with Office 365 /Outlook for Mac/latest version 15.39) on my desktop,  and I have the Powerpack...any chances someone with more abilities than me can achieve this? When I enter 'Email' and 'name' into Alfred, a list of names from the CONTACTS app show up, and while I can click and create an email from OUTLOOK (my default email client), the email address is not correct as my CONTACTS app is not current; how to make OUTLOOK the default? ty.

I'm not sure I"m following you. Did you install the workflow for Alfred offered here?

The latest version is at http://www.cortig.net/files/Outlook15Workflows.zip

Corentin

On 08/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, Dax said:

into Alfred, a list of names from the CONTACTS app show up, and while I can click and create an email from OUTLOOK (my default email client), the email address is not correct as my CONTACTS app is not current; how to make OUTLOOK the default?

Your question isn't very clear. Are you asking how to make Alfred search your Outlook address book, not your Contacts address book?

On 10/9/2017 at 1:31 PM, deanishe said:

Your question isn't very clear. Are you asking how to make Alfred search your Outlook address book, not your Contacts address book?

And if that’s the case, the answer is simple: install the workflow offered here and whenever you want to search for Outlook contacts use the trigger to search through the workflow.

• 5 months later...
On 3/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, az566 said:

Great workflow! 

When I search however, the results aren't clickable. Can you update this for Outlook 16?

Outlook 15.x and 16.x work through the same mechanisms. The workflow for Outlook "15" should work just the same in Outlook "16" (both still labeled as Outlook 2016 actually):

http://www.cortig.net/files/Outlook15Workflows.zip

I'm using the workflow myself on my Mac and it's working fine. I can search for messages, contacts, etc, and select the messages in Alfred to see them in Outlook.

What do you mean it's not clickable? What happens when you hit Return on one of the returns in Alfred?

Corentin

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 3:24 PM, cortig said:

I edited the workflow to replace references to Outlook 15 to 2016.

All three triggers are provided in one workflow.

You can find the new one here:

http://www.cortig.net/files/Outlook2016Searches.alfredworkflow.zip

Corentin

This works for me @mojave. Thanks for sharing. I didn't manage to get the other workflow running despite following all available Mojave tips...

1 hour ago, cduemmen said:

This works for me @mojave. Thanks for sharing. I didn't manage to get the other workflow running despite following all available Mojave tips...

The workflows leverage Spotlight customized searches which can be used in any apps and are not affected but the new Mojave security restrictions.

Many of the other workflows for Alfred rely on scripts and require that Alfred has special authorization in the Security & Privacy prefpane (Security > Accessibility and Automation).

The problem most of the time is either that the System doesn't notice that the app has been added to Accessibility (but you can uncheck and recheck the app), or that it doesn't prompt you to add it to the Automation section (and then, as to now, you can't do a thing to trigger the warning allowing you to add the app in Automations).

Corentin

• 3 months later...

I've never seen the database file error.

The way the workflow work is by searching through Spotlight for filetypes belonging to Outlook (contacts, messages and events) in the ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile folder.

It could be:

• Some sort of permission issue (check that the ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile folder is readable)
  • A path issue (lets say, your database had to be renamed because of a corruption, do you have more than one profile folder in ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/?)
  • A launch service database issue (you need to rebuild the launch service database, a free app like Onyx could do that for you).

Corentin

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, cortig said:

A path issue (lets say, your database had to be renamed because of a corruption, do you have more than one profile folder in ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/?)

I think I do have a path issue:

image.png.6e441ebf7eddf79b349a5c833e7dac00.png

Any suggestions I how I fix it? Not sure why there are two profiles. I haven't had a corruption in the past few years.

20 hours ago, Joe O. said:

I think I do have a path issue:

image.png.6e441ebf7eddf79b349a5c833e7dac00.png

Any suggestions I how I fix it? Not sure why there are two profiles. I haven't had a corruption in the past few years.

Two options:

1. Remove the unused identity and rename the working one to match the default name.
  2. Edit the path in the workflow (by far the easiest) to reflect the custom path that applies on your Mac.

Corentin