fort

AppleScript for triggering System commands

Is there any way to trigger Alfred "System" commands via AppleScript, e.g., ejectall, lock, and so on? I'd like something like the following, but without having to specify a workflow

tell application "Alfred 2" to run trigger "foo" in workflow "test.workflow.com"

or to be able to specify that it's one of the commands in the System list.

Thanks.

Is there any way to trigger Alfred "System" commands via AppleScript, e.g., ejectall, lock, and so on? I'd like something like the following, but without having to specify a workflow

tell application "Alfred 2" to run trigger "foo" in workflow "test.workflow.com"

or to be able to specify that it's one of the commands in the System list.

Thanks.

You could just create multiple external triggers in a workflow that connect to each of the Action->System Commands items and then use AppleScript to access those triggers. Is that what you're asking for?

That would work, but I was actually hoping for something simpler: a way to directly trigger Alfred's System keywords via AppleScript.

I'm assuming there's no way to do that, so I'll create the workflow you suggest instead. Thanks!

Take a look at External triggers. Also see a similar thread.

AFAICT, those are relevant to triggering actions in workflows, not System commands directly. Anyway, I managed to get things working by setting up external triggers to system commands in a workflow like the one David suggsted, and then calling those via AppleScript.

Thanks!