help with workflow for sending brief email messages

Like I said, post the workflow. Not a description or a screenshot. A link to the actual workflow.

You're asking people to diagnose what's wrong with something they've never seen, which is basically impossible. Nobody can help you until you provide enough information to make it possible to help you.

You do this every time you have a problem. I'll try to be very clear: in order for us to help you with a problem, you need to give us what we need to replicate the exact situation that's causing it. That means:

• the actual workflow (or script if you're 100% sure it's the script) that isn't working,
  • the input that is causing the issue,
  • the expected and
  • the actual results (including any errors you're getting), and
  • information on anything unusual about your system setup (like if you're not using the standard system Python).

Until you do that, nobody can help you.

So export the workflow you're using from Alfred and upload it somewhere (Dropbox?), then post a link to it here.

Edited by deanishe

Hi again!

Thanks for trying to help!

I am not a pc/data man, and I am not able to give you what you ask for.

Then my question is:

Is there a way to produce a hotkey in Alfred who open Mac mail with my own emal-adress in the place "To": like this:      To: abc.xyz@gmail.com.... 

and the cursor ready at "Subject", ready to write something to myself?

Mac mini 2014

OSX ELCapitan ver 10.11.5(15F34)

Edited by deanishe
Obscure email address
Not a problem. The description you just gave has enough information to be actionable.

Use an Open URL Action with the URL mailto:?to=abc.xyz@gmail.com

That should open your default email program with your email address in the To: field.

Attach that to your Hotkey and you should be good to go.

Edited by deanishe
Obscure email address
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On October 8, 2015 at 9:13 AM, lmachado said:

So, when running the workflow I was getting this error:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.script] Unable to send email message: [Errno 60] Operation timed out

I recently started using a VPN (privateinternetaccess.com), and it appears to have broken this workflow. Whenever I try to use it while connected to VPN, I get the above error...If I disconnect from VPN, the workflow works fine.

Any idea why, and is there anything I can do to make it work whilst connected to VPN?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

If an app or website doesn’t meet Goole's security standards, Google might block anyone who’s trying to sign in to your account from it. So, SMTPAuthenticationError exception thrown when you attempt to login to Gmail via Python smtp library. Less secure apps can make it easier for hackers to get in to your account, so blocking sign-ins from these apps helps keep your account safe.

Go to this link and select Turn On

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Moreover google block an ip when you try to send a email since a unusual location, so, you can unblock in the next link

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6009563

and clicked in

accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha .