MachineClean — Lock your keyboard temporarily, so you can clean it

Thank you for the clarification. I was pretty sure that I did not have to input password earlier, I must be remember wrongly or there was something peculiar with my system. Anyhow, to input password for this workflow works well, since it is typically not used frequently. Thank you again for making this convenient workflow.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, GhostTheSavage said:

I just tried this on new Mac and after 50 seconds keyboard still wouldn't unlock? The notification popped up that it was unlocked, though. Also, trackpad didn't lock.

It doesn’t lock the trackpad anymore, as locking both occasionally caused problems.

As for it not unlocking, I don’t intend to debug this workflow any more, since it working or not depends on your Mac model and I can’t accurately debug it without access to your machine. At this point, for this Workflow I’ll take either a pull request that fixes when it doesn’t work or a clue that helps me fix it. But I won’t try to keep debugging it — it already consumed too much of my free time.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

It now uses notificator for notifications. Please tell me if something goes wrong (if you get any error or stop receiving notifications). If everything works fine, I’d also be interested in knowing.

Main reasons for the switch to notificator are in the DownVid post.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

MacbookPro14,3

MBP mid 2017 15"

this is the output of number 3

82    0 0xffffff7f84c86000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard (203) 433F59A0-95EC-384A-8B8A-9A7A6A042119 <49 5 4 3>

I have just seen a new version from days ago and updated the workflow. But not tried again jet.

hope this info i gave you can help..... i really like the idea

Kind Regards

4 hours ago, pbl4845 said:

hope this info i gave you can help.....

It does. Thank you.

However, what it tells me is that your keyboard driver is the same (similar?) to the one on the MacBook Air, in which I already prevented this Workflow from running. Your info made me realise I need to block the Workflow from working on machines with that particular driver until I find a solution that works reliably.

I’ve just released an update that does that.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...