File Search repeatedly brings unwanted application to top spot

Hello,

Since installing the latest build, some of the keyboard shortcuts I use to launch applications in Alfred no longer work, and I don't know how to get them to work again. Any help would be appreciated.

For example, I used to press "m" to bring up Mail, and then launch it. Mail always appeared at the top of the list. Now, no matter how many times I navigate to Mail and launch it from the Alfred window, pressing "m" repeatedly brings up App Store at the top of the list. I'm not sure why. Every other item begins with an "m" but this one.

Any ideas how to get it back to the way it was?

Thanks so much,

S

Hello,

Since installing the latest build, some of the keyboard shortcuts I use to launch applications in Alfred no longer work, and I don't know how to get them to work again. Any help would be appreciated.

For example, I used to press "m" to bring up Mail, and then launch it. Mail always appeared at the top of the list. Now, no matter how many times I navigate to Mail and launch it from the Alfred window, pressing "m" repeatedly brings up App Store at the top of the list. I'm not sure why. Every other item begins with an "m" but this one.

Any ideas how to get it back to the way it was?

Thanks so much,

S

The reason App Store shows with M is because Apple has given this app an alternative name of "Mac App Store" which Alfred also sees when searching.

Try clearing Alfred's knowledge using the "Clear Knowledge" button in Alfred's preferences... you can then re-teach him from scratch. If you type 'm' into Alfred, arrow down to Mail and press return. Mail will now latch to 'm'... this bond will become stronger over time.

Let me know how you get on!

[moving to help sub-forum]

Cheers,

Andrew