RESOLVED: Possible bug in File Filters - Alfred 2.5 (295)

RESOLVED: I had to check "with space" to differentiate two file filters with similar keywords (e.g. fc & fcf)  or the results were always from the first keyword. Thanks to all for feedback and assistance.

------------ Original post ------------

Simple File Filter to Open File Workflow. When I use File Type = public.folder, the results include files from inside the folders and swamp out the folder results. Any ideas or is this normal?

I have no idea if this worked in the last stable release as I never used this one before.

My apologies if this has been covered but Google searches, the knowledge base and a quick scan of this form didn't reveal anything to help.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mmcduffie

I have no problems with the files filter for individual file types working as expected. Only "file filters" for folder only. Are you saying you have a filter that only shows folders?

Thanks.

Care to share your file filter workflow for me to take a look? Also, it might be worth doing a reindex (shortcut in Alfred's Advanced prefs) in case there is an issue with the underlying metadata.

One final idea is you have a second workflow with a matching keyword which searches for other file types... perhaps check through your other workflows (you can search the workflows by keyword)

That appears to be the issue (similar filter filter keywords). The file version uses fc & the folder version uses fcf. I changed the folder keyword to something completely different and it works as expected. As the filters use a space, I would assume "fc name"and "fcf name" would be unique. Is this a bug or am I just expecting too much? Keyword ffc works as well but is not as much of  a mnemonic for me.

Turning off fuzzy matching didn't help.

Thanks,

Mike.

Edited by mmcduffie