Moving files to a hidden folder [Accepted]

tsf

I tried moving (with the built-in "Move To…" file action) some files from one hidden folder to another (first a bunch of files, then just a single file). Nothing happened. I tried it again, creating "~/text.txt" and trying to move it to "~/.test/". Nothing happened again. I have tried both using the file selection hotkey from Finder, and also navigating to the file from Alfred's file navigator.

I am using Alfred v2.5 (295), OS X 10.9.5.

I tried moving (with the built-in "Move To…" file action) some files from one hidden folder to another (first a bunch of files, then just a single file). Nothing happened. I tried it again, creating "~/text.txt" and trying to move it to "~/.test/". Nothing happened again. I have tried both using the file selection hotkey from Finder, and also navigating to the file from Alfred's file navigator.

I am using Alfred v2.5 (295), OS X 10.9.5.

Alfred asks Finder to copy the files using AppleScript and this appears to be an underlying AppleScript issue regarding trailing dot folders. I created a ~/.test/ folder and tried copying a file to it and got the following error:

execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t make "Macintosh HD:Users:preppeller:Desktop:.test" into type folder. (-1700)

The interesting thing is that if I create a ~/.test/test2/ folder and copy the file to this folder it works as expected. I've taken a bit of a look around on Google and can see others complaining of the same issue so I'll ask David to take a look into this to see if there is anything I can do to work around the issue.

It's also worth noting that I plan to completely overhaul the file system interactions in the future and move away from using AppleScript, so if this issue can't be immediately fixed, it will definitely be fixed in the future!

Cheers,
Andrew