It's a simple enhancement of the workflow 'Volume Adjust' (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1968-volume-adjust-workflow/).

The only tweak I've made is introducing hotkeys which are not available in the original workflow at all.

Here's the enhanced version: download

A remark to this version:

With regard to a F15 hotkey of mine you should know that in most, if not all, non-Apple keyboards is a 'Pause' key (the third one after F12).

Edited by Marcin Bogdanowicz

A remark to this version:

With regard to a F15 hotkey of mine you should know that in most, if not all, non-Apple keyboards is a 'Pause' key (the third one after F12).

Hotkeys are stripped when a user installs the workflow (for legitimate security and usability reasons), so the F15 won't matter. They'll be blank and ready to set for everyone when they install.

OK. thanks. In such a case, a newbie like me should know that the hotkeys must be set to send "text", e.g.:

1) up 10 - will mean increase the volume level by 10%

2) down 20 - will mean decrease the volume level by 20% 

3) mute - is just mute

4) unmute - will result in the opposite action to mute, i.e. will restore the volume level from before the mute action.

5) more possible texts you may distill from the description of the original ver (http://www.alfredfor...djust-workflow/)

Edited by aharry
  • 2 months later...

I'd love to collaborate on the development of this workflow. I have ideas for improving the script by having just one button for both mute/unmute (which goes well with all Apple keyboards) and I would personally prefer a pair of "up 5" and "down 5" steps along with the existing ones, as 10 and 20 are too much for my liking. Does someone have a github repository for this I can fork? And how does version control of Alfred workflows work? Is it possible to have them as anything but a binary blob?

Is it possible to have them as anything but a binary blob?

A `.alfredworkflow` file is just a zip file. When you double-click to install it, then Alfred just unzips it the workflows directory. If you want to find the code, then you can just ctrl+click the workflow in the Alfred Preferences window and select "Show in Finder." Any of the scripts that are written in the boxes are just stored in the `info.plist` file for the workflow.

Does someone have a github repository for this I can fork?

It doesn't look like this one has a GH repo that's posted. But you can access the code with the method above.