Sign in to follow this  
jothirams

Shortcut key to invoke a workflow with arguments

Hello,

I’m using an alfred workflow: Google Translate

In that, the text to invoke that work flow is "gd". Then you have to type the from and to language for translation such as "gd de>en" or "gd en>de". Is there a way to have a shortcut key that will put "gd de>en" and then wait for my german input.

Note: I already raised the issue in github repo of that workflow and the author's response was that it had to be an alfred feature to handle this.

https://github.com/thomashempel/AlfredGoogleTranslateWorkflow/issues/13

Best Regards,  
Joe.
Edited by jothirams

Hello,

I’m using an alfred workflow: Google Translate

In that, the text to invoke that work flow is "gd". Then you have to type the from and to language for translation such as "gd de>en" or "gd en>de". Is there a way to have a shortcut key that will put "gd de>en" and then wait for my german input.

Note: I already raised the issue in github repo of that workflow and the author's response was that it had to be an alfred feature to handle this.

https://github.com/thomashempel/AlfredGoogleTranslateWorkflow/issues/13

Best Regards,  
Joe.

Certainly. In that workflow, you can add a Trigger->Hotkey item to the front of the Keyword (or Script Filter) item (don't forget to connect them). In the Hotkey properties, set your hotkey of choice then for the "Argument", select "Text" and then in the text field, add whatever text you want passed there by default

Certainly. In that workflow, you can add a Trigger->Hotkey item to the front of the Keyword (or Script Filter) item (don't forget to connect them). In the Hotkey properties, set your hotkey of choice then for the "Argument", select "Text" and then in the text field, add whatever text you want passed there by default

Awesome!.. Works flawlessly..