Should prioritize applications than preferences

Whenever I type "ch" I was actually searching for "chrome" but alfred keeps on suggesting "Fibre Channel" which is a preference menu. How many times would someone use Fibre Channel in a day.

This has been working a week before but now it is not.

Alfred should prioritise application than preferences.

Whenever I type "ch" I was actually searching for "chrome" but alfred keeps on suggesting "Fibre Channel" which is a preference menu. How many times would someone use Fibre Channel in a day.

This has been working a week before but now it is not.

Alfred should prioritise application than preferences.

Alfred will prioritise the results you choose most often, so if you choose Chrome a few times, it'll be prioritised above Fibre Channel.

If you find that Alfred doesn't appear to learn from your usage, you can reset the knowledge under the Advanced preferences tab. You may also want to launch Disk Utility and repair permissions, as it's possible that OS X isn't allowing Alfred to save his knowledge correctly. Hope this helps :)

• 10 months later...

Hi. Following up on this, I would like to ask how to prioritise apps too...

I use Alfred mostly to find and start apps. Sometimes an app I want is not even in the list. The list shows files I dont even know! For example, I went to start the app "integrity", and I typed "integ" and it did not come up. What I would like is to list matching apps first, then any files. 

My second most popular search is for files within certain folder, e.g. Documents. 

I rarely use it to search contacts (I could remove contacts I suppose, but I may want to one day) but contacts are coming up higher than files. 

There's a lot of php files coming up from website backups or development projects I have, so they should come up at the bottom. 

So basically, it would be much better/quicker for us to prioritise the type or location of results. 

Thanks!

Edited by amityweb

Hi. Following up on this, I would like to ask how to prioritise apps too...

Based on what you've said, it sounds like you've checked the box for many of the "Extras" from Alfred's Features > Default Results?

Instead of doing this, I would recommend removing any non-essential types from your Default Results (I keep only the four essentials checked) and pressing the spacebar before searching for files.

Pressing the spacebar (or typing "open") expands your search to include more file types - This will make your default results a lot cleaner, while making it easy to access all your files when using the spacebar trick :)

Cheers,

Vero

It's worth adding that you can create simple Workflow file filters to find the specific files you are looking for. For example, I often use the folder only search (one of the Workflow examples) to only return folders in Alfred's results.

The more Workflows you use, the more useful it is to keep your default results as clean as possible (using the advice Vero offered above).

Cheers,

Andrew