Slackfred: Interact with your Slack channels, groups and IMs

• 1 month later...

Hey frankspin,

I'm really liking the development on the slack workflow! I was wondering if you will support direct messaging on the workflow any time soon? If not, I don't mind looking into it, unless you've already started.

Thanks,

Nolan

Feel free to add it. The current functionality for sending messages to channels isn't ideal, but it gets the job done. When I started working on this I had a lot more free time, but since my time has been a bit limited.

My hope/plan was to implement some kind of DB or text file feature so that an API request wasn't required every single time and you can more easily navigate your stuff. It's just a time thing for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi frankspin,

I too would like to know the answer to jwhitmarsh's question. When slackfred sends me to https://api.slack.com/web, all is see is a button that allows me to generate test tokens. Someone at my work suggested creating a slack bot and using its API token, but that's not ideal, since the bot will be a completely separate user.

Can you please provide some input on this?

Thanks!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hey frankspin,

I think Slack have maybe changed where tokens are/some wording - should we be using test tokens (https://api.slack.com/docs/oauth-test-tokens) for this? 

Thanks very much,

James

Hi frankspin,

I too would like to know the answer to jwhitmarsh's question. When slackfred sends me to https://api.slack.com/web, all is see is a button that allows me to generate test tokens. Someone at my work suggested creating a slack bot and using its API token, but that's not ideal, since the bot will be a completely separate user.

Can you please provide some input on this?

Thanks!

Michael

Yep, they should work fine.

@frankspin -

I've recently discovered that the Slack URL scheme appears to be working on the Mac. Basically, slack://channel?id={CHANNEL-ID or IM-ID}&team={TEAM-ID} will open the Slack app in the channel selected. I'm wondering if there's a way to modify Slackfred to take advantage of this versus the script that triggers the Quick Switcher? I took a look into the code, but it's a bit beyond what I understand.

In a nutshell, what I'd love to do is type "slk" into Alfred to search for users or channels. Once I select one, I'll need to pass the Channel ID or IM ID (note: the URL scheme needs the IM ID that's tied to the user, not the User ID, in order to work for chatting with individual users - https://api.slack.com/methods/im.list/test)into the URL. 

Any thoughts? Thanks!

@frankspin -

I've recently discovered that the Slack URL scheme appears to be working on the Mac. Basically, slack://channel?id={CHANNEL-ID or IM-ID}&team={TEAM-ID} will open the Slack app in the channel selected. I'm wondering if there's a way to modify Slackfred to take advantage of this versus the script that triggers the Quick Switcher? I took a look into the code, but it's a bit beyond what I understand.

In a nutshell, what I'd love to do is type "slk" into Alfred to search for users or channels. Once I select one, I'll need to pass the Channel ID or IM ID (note: the URL scheme needs the IM ID that's tied to the user, not the User ID, in order to work for chatting with individual users - https://api.slack.com/methods/im.list/test)into the URL. 

Any thoughts? Thanks!

This should be in the workflow already. Make sure you have the latest version.

Hi. Great workflow, big thanks! I have one issue, when i type "slf" (Search Files) i get error message. Slack account is free, maybe it can't search in free accounts?

xY4YlKl.png

Just pushed a fix to GitHub and packal. There was a key error but it should be fixed. Let me know.

Hello! Is Slackfred already Alfred 3-ready? Because it is not working for me with Alfred 3. Thank you!

Can you specify what's not working?

Just pushed a fix to GitHub and packal. There was a key error but it should be fixed. Let me know.

Can you specify what's not working?

Sure. Thank you for your quick reply. I actually have two problems: Sometimes I can enter a command and it seems to work but then it says that the authentication has failed. Most of the times it just goes to the well-known 'Google/Amazon/Wikipedia'-Page. 

Sure. Thank you for your quick reply. I actually have two problems: Sometimes I can enter a command and it seems to work but then it says that the authentication has failed. Most of the times it just goes to the well-known 'Google/Amazon/Wikipedia'-Page. 

Can you give more concrete examples? What commands are failing? Are you putting any queries with them? That kind of stuff

Can you give more concrete examples? What commands are failing? Are you putting any queries with them? That kind of stuff

So I tested every command and they SEEM to work.. until I press enter to execute them. When execute them I always get the notification that the authentication failed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting an incompatible workflow error. It says to update to the newest version, but I am already on it. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Same here: Getting an incompatible workflow error.

What version of Alfred are you running? If you turn on debug mode does it show any errors?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep getting the following error in the debug panel when I try to use the slm command

[2016-09-29 21:12:16][ERROR: action.script] 21:12:16 workflow.py:1971 DEBUG    get_password : fspinillo.alfredv2.slackfred:slack_api_key

I installed the workflow version from github for v.3 of Alfred.  Not sure what the issue is.  Thank you.