Unable to look inside JSON files using File Filter

Hey All,

I'm trying, without success so far, to use File Filter for searches inside json files.

It works well with the rest of file types I've tried so far, but when I add json to the File Types list, File Filter doesn't return anything. If I rename to "name.json.txt" one of those json files in which I'm trying to look for text and look for all kind of files instead, the filter works without problem.

Are there any limitations that prevent File Filter from looking inside files with .json extension?

Here go a couple of screenshots of my configuration to reproduce the behavior:

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-11-09%200

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-11-09%200

Thanks! 

Hey All,

I'm trying, without success so far, to use File Filter for searches inside json files.

It works well with the rest of file types I've tried so far, but when I add json to the File Types list, File Filter doesn't return anything. If I rename to "name.json.txt" one of those json files in which I'm trying to look for text and look for all kind of files instead, the filter works without problem.

Are there any limitations that prevent File Filter from looking inside files with .json extension?

Here go a couple of screenshots of my configuration to reproduce the behavior:

Thanks! 

If I had to guess, this would be because a json file, even though you and I know it's text, to Spotlight/OSX it isn't and therefore it doesn't have a kMDItemTextContent property associated with it. Same reason why you can't QuickLook json files by default