Preserve user hotkeys and keywords through a workflow update.

CarlosNZ

This might be on the cards already, but it would be good if there was a way for users' personal customisations of keyword and hotkeys within a workflow were preserved when the workflow is updated. Currently the updated version just overwrites the workflow completely, and those customisations have to be reset. (Actually, this only happens when using the repo update — a manual download/install creates a duplicate version of the workflow, but I understand this will be changed for the final release).

I realise this could get tricky if there is a substantial adjustment of the workflow structure between updates, but one way to deal with it would be for the developer to assign a unique identifier string to these elements in the workflow which would be preserved between versions. Therefore Alfred would know which elements should keep their custom keywords and hotkeys when updating.

Just a thought. I realise there's still more to be done in this arena anyway, so forgive me if I'm jumping the gun. :unsure: