Onkyo (or other) receiver remote control, anyone interested?

I'm still around. My apologies for not getting much up and running yet, my life has been a crazy rollercoaster ride the last year and a half... I hope/expect it to settle down a bit the coming months. Although I am about to become a father so not entirely sure about that either ;)

Congratulations.

The only thing I didn't like was your condescending attitude. I realise that you have been a tremendous help for the Alfred community and I respect you for that but I if you're not open to discussing alternative solutions to common workflow problems... well, let's just say that limits my usefulness with your projects

Eh? We discussed your alternatives, and I explained why I didn't think they were a good fit.

Let's call it a difference of opinion/philosophical differences and leave it at that.

Good luck with the baby and your book.

Eh? We discussed your alternatives, and I explained why I didn't think they were a good fit.

Let's call it a difference of opinion/philosophical differences and leave it at that.

Perhaps it wasn't meant as such but that's what I felt given your earlier reaction in this topic.

It's probably just a matter of backgrounds, I have little experience in the Alfred world but a lot of experience with regular Python packages. With regular Python packages the workflow is generally as I suggested but that might not be the best fit for Alfred packages of course. It has given me an idea for an alternative solution however. Let's continue the discussion here: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/8765-packaging-python-workflows-would-a-setuptools-command-be-useful/

Edited by wolph

Hey Wolph glad to hear you're willing to push forward.  I realized that the problem I'm facing is not with the workflow but with the serial port Applescript library breaking on El Cap....so a python version may not help me unless the problem with pyserial has also been fixed....let me check that out.

• 1 year later...