Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This workflow is great, thank you very much! I use it a lot. I have one feature request, I often look at the information about director, writer and actors - would it be possible to copy any of these selected results to the clipboard following a return press?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, cands said:

This workflow is great, thank you very much! I use it a lot. I have one feature request, I often look at the information about director, writer and actors - would it be possible to copy any of these selected results to the clipboard following a return press?

 

You can do that by adding the appropriate copytext argument where the items are generated.

 

For example, I've modified my copy of the workflow to copy the title in CouchPotato's preferred format (use CMD+C on an item to copy the copytext):

wf.add_item(title=title,
            subtitle=get_subtitle(omdb_info),
            valid=True,
            copytext="{:s}.cp({:s})".format(title, omdb_info['imdbID']),
            # icon = "poster.jpg",
            arg="file://" + urllib.pathname2url(wf.cachefile('item.html')))

 

Edited by deanishe

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2016 at 2:06 PM, deanishe said:

 

You can do that by adding the appropriate copytext argument where the items are generated.

 

For example, I've modified my copy of the workflow to copy the title in CouchPotato's preferred format (use CMD+C on an item to copy the copytext):


wf.add_item(title=title,
            subtitle=get_subtitle(omdb_info),
            valid=True,
            copytext="{:s}.cp({:s})".format(title, omdb_info['imdbID']),
            # icon = "poster.jpg",
            arg="file://" + urllib.pathname2url(wf.cachefile('item.html')))

 

 

Thank you for explaining! This solved it (I simply added "copytext="{:s}".format(omdb_info['Writer'])," etc.) and is very useful to know for other workflows. A minor annoyance is that it does not work when latching the movie result again (I have the Alfred option "Top Result Keyword Latching" activated), then instead the selected text from the workflow ("mov m:694" and similar) gets copied. But when searching for a new movie it works as expected. But this may be due to how Alfred works, or is there a solution to make copytext work in this context as well?

Share this post


Link to post

Great app have been using for years now. Lately, facing a problem: when i search for certain movies, it doesnt show results and instead it says - item not found. For example, wall-e. But it does fetch results for some movies. Please help

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Jitto23 said:

 

Same problem here only no movies work at all.  Using it for years so suspect something has changed on IMDB that has broken the Workflow.  

 

Here is the debug output showing that there is nothing returned:  

 

[2017-02-04 11:44:35][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] 11:44:35 workflow.py:1972 DEBUG    Workflow version : 2.3.0

11:44:35 media.py:39 DEBUG    TMDb info retrieved.

11:44:35 workflow.py:1387 DEBUG    Reading settings from `/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data/com.mcknight.movies/settings.json` ...

11:44:35 workflow.py:2163 DEBUG    Set last run version : 2.3.0

11:44:35 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.114 seconds.

[2017-02-04 11:44:35][input.scriptfilter] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<items><item valid="no"><title>The item was not found.</title><subtitle /></item></items>

Edited by mikedvzo

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, mikedvzo said:

Same problem here only no movies work at all.  Using it for years so suspect something has changed on IMDB that has broken the Workflow.  

 

Here is the debug output showing that there is nothing returned:  

 

[2017-02-04 11:44:35][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] 11:44:35 workflow.py:1972 DEBUG    Workflow version : 2.3.0

11:44:35 media.py:39 DEBUG    TMDb info retrieved.

11:44:35 workflow.py:1387 DEBUG    Reading settings from `/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data/com.mcknight.movies/settings.json` ...

11:44:35 workflow.py:2163 DEBUG    Set last run version : 2.3.0

11:44:35 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.114 seconds.

[2017-02-04 11:44:35][input.scriptfilter] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<items><item valid="no"><title>The item was not found.</title><subtitle /></item></items>

 

 

 

Terribly sorry to be a nuisance but can you please let me know how you ran the debug? just to test it on my side too. I agree, today i am unable to access any movies or tv shows

Share this post


Link to post

Edit the workflow and click on the Bug icon in the top right.  Then Chose "All Information" in the bottom left.  Execute the workflow and results will show in the debug window.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.01.05 PM.png

Edited by mikedvzo
Update

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mikedvzo said:

Edit the workflow and click on the Bug icon in the top right.  Then Chose "All Information" in the bottom left.  Execute the workflow and results will show in the debug window.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.01.05 PM.png

 

 

Thanks and yes exactly the same error as well this time. such a shame its quite an amazing workflow. hopefully there is a fix soon

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Guys, Thanks for reporting the issue and glad you have been finding this workflow useful. It looks like something is going on at OMDb. This is the API that the workflow uses to get IMDb, metacritic, rotten tomatoes ratings.

 

I'll keep my eye on OMDb. Hopefully it'll come back online and the workflow will start working again. If it becomes a permanent issue, I can look into alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post

It seems to be working again, but intermittently and slow. Brian Fritz, who maintains the API, is in need of monetary support to keep it alive. See the website:

qWjTu7B.png

 

And Patreon page (currently only slightly above half the monthly needs).

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/5/2017 at 9:41 AM, tone said:

Hi Guys, Thanks for reporting the issue and glad you have been finding this workflow useful. It looks like something is going on at OMDb. This is the API that the workflow uses to get IMDb, metacritic, rotten tomatoes ratings.

 

I'll keep my eye on OMDb. Hopefully it'll come back online and the workflow will start working again. If it becomes a permanent issue, I can look into alternatives.

 

 

Thanks for the response mate! definitely supporting the cause. Have to say the workflow has been quite the useful tool.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, tone said:

Looks like the issues with the OMDb API are resolved. The workflow should work smoothly once again.

 

Works like a  charm again. thanks for the update!

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been noticing I don’t get RottenTomatoes ratings anymore (which are the only reason I use the Workflow).

 

Has anyone else noticed the same? And if yes, are you in or outside the USA?

Share this post


Link to post

I have a RottenTomato action in it, but it doesn't show any score in the workflow. Actioning it is just a search on the rottentomato website

 

I'm in Europe. Tried with a VPN to USA which worked exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, vitor said:

I’ve been noticing I don’t get RottenTomatoes ratings anymore (which are the only reason I use the Workflow).

 

Has anyone else noticed the same? And if yes, are you in or outside the USA?

 

Looks like the OMDb API is needing to change some things around and maybe even lose some Rotten Tomatoes info. The current spot in the API results that the RT score is retrieved now returns "N/A". The workflow code is setup to handle this scenario which is why the "Search" item in the workflow is still shown.

 

I've done some work to retrieve the RT score from the new place in the API. It's updated in Packal and Github. Let me know if it works!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you, @tone!

 

Unfortunately it seems like we lost the “fresh” info. Even in the API results, it seems like it always shows as N/A, which is a shame. Certified Freshness status is as useful as the actual rating.

 

Let’s hope we can get that back again. And once more, thank you for the update.

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh... It's too bad the OMDb API had to end its public API. I will edit the main post to describe why this workflow no longer functions. Forum admins, please feel free to do what you'd like with this thread.

Share this post


Link to post

NOTE: OMDb no longer offers a public API so you'll need your own paid subscription to OMDb for this workflow. Please read the first post for details.

 

@tone Thanks for creating this workflow and maintaining it over the past two years. Companies evolve and their policies change; it's a shame OMDb is paid-only now, but I'll leave this thread visible, as some users may choose to have their own subscription to it. :) 

 

Cheers,
Vero

Share this post


Link to post

Nice! Back in business. I've updated Packal and GitHub with a new version that has a free OMDb API key.

 

Because it only allows 1,000 hits per day, you may want to use your own key... To do so, edit line 103 in the "media.py" file in the workflow. If I continue to update this workflow (or we see the limit being hit), I'll make changing the API key more user-friendly. But for now, we'll see how this free API key goes.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, vitor said:

 

I was making a PR for this using Workflow Environment Variables but noticed you may still be on Alfred 2. Is that the case?

 

I am on Alfred 3, but haven't updated this workflow in ages. A pull request would be awesome. I'm not a GitHub expert, so bear with me.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×