Deleting workflows doesn't work

alexh2

I was trying to delete some workflows, but when I closed and opened the preferences window again, all the "deleted" workflows were back. I tried to delete them a couple of times, but they kept coming back.

Alfred version: v2.5.1 (308)

OS X version: 10.10.1 Yosemite

I was trying to delete some workflows, but when I closed and opened the preferences window again, all the "deleted" workflows were back. I tried to delete them a couple of times, but they kept coming back.

Alfred version: v2.5.1 (308)

OS X version: 10.10.1 Yosemite

Hi Alex, 

Are you syncing your settings? If workflows aren't being deleted, it's possible that you have a permissions issue on your Mac, meaning that Alfred can't delete files in your Dropbox folder.

Pop up Alfred's preferences to the Workflows tab, right-click on your workflow and choose "Show in Finder". Then manually delete the workflow from Finder. It should then disappear from Alfred a few seconds later. :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Alex, 

Are you syncing your settings? If workflows aren't being deleted, it's possible that you have a permissions issue on your Mac, meaning that Alfred can't delete files in your Dropbox folder.

Pop up Alfred's preferences to the Workflows tab, right-click on your workflow and choose "Show in Finder". Then manually delete the workflow from Finder. It should then disappear from Alfred a few seconds later. :)

Cheers,

Vero

That works. And I just checked if I was syncing my settings, but I'm not. I thought I did have a folder set in Dropbox for sync, but I don't.

That works. And I just checked if I was syncing my settings, but I'm not. I thought I did have a folder set in Dropbox for sync, but I don't.

There may be a permissions issue preventing Alfred from deleting the workflows, perhaps pasting the following (bold things) in Terminal.app:

Firstly, go to the Alfred 2 folder (this is the folder if you don't have Syncing setup):

cd Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/

Next, remove any extended attributes on Alfred's prefs:

xattr -rc Alfred.alfredpreferences

Finally, reset the permissions on Alfred's prefs:
chmod -R u+rwX,go+rX Alfred.alfredpreferences

Things should now work as expected :)

Cheers,
Andrew

There may be a permissions issue preventing Alfred from deleting the workflows, perhaps pasting the following (bold things) in Terminal.app:

Firstly, go to the Alfred 2 folder (this is the folder if you don't have Syncing setup):

cd Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/

Next, remove any extended attributes on Alfred's prefs:

xattr -rc Alfred.alfredpreferences

Finally, reset the permissions on Alfred's prefs:
chmod -R u+rwX,go+rX Alfred.alfredpreferences

Things should now work as expected :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Sorry for the late reply. I have my settings synced to Dropbox again. Is there still a way to fix the permissions?

Sorry for the late reply. I have my settings synced to Dropbox again. Is there still a way to fix the permissions?

Yes indeed, it will be the same commands as above but the first one you'll need to cd to the location of Alfred.alfredpreferences in your Dropbox. Mine is stored in ~/Dropbox/Alfred so I would type:

cd ~/Dropbox/Alfred

then run the xattr and chmod commands. Where have you set your sync folder to exactly and I can help you get to the correct folder in terminal.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yes indeed, it will be the same commands as above but the first one you'll need to cd to the location of Alfred.alfredpreferences in your Dropbox. Mine is stored in ~/Dropbox/Alfred so I would type:

cd ~/Dropbox/Alfred

then run the xattr and chmod commands. Where have you set your sync folder to exactly and I can help you get to the correct folder in terminal.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mine is also set to ~/Dropbox/Alfred. But when i use the xattr and chmod commands, terminal keeps saying that the operations are not permitted.

Mine is also set to ~/Dropbox/Alfred. But when i use the xattr and chmod commands, terminal keeps saying that the operations are not permitted.

Could you paste the response to the following two commands in Terminal:

cd ~/Dropbox/Alfred

ls -la

Thanks,

Andrew