Most boring topic: Can't connect

OK, well, I've got the latest Alfred and I've got Remote. I've run through the connection troubleshooting page multiple times. I've rebooted both machines. I've ensured that Alfred can accept connections in Security and Privacy preferences. I know for a fact that both machines are on the same network. 

But they will not connect. Both Alfreds show the network name, and looking for connection, and never connect.

So, this is kind of a bust for me. Any ideas?

Thanks, Noel

OK, well, I've got the latest Alfred and I've got Remote. I've run through the connection troubleshooting page multiple times. I've rebooted both machines. I've ensured that Alfred can accept connections in Security and Privacy preferences. I know for a fact that both machines are on the same network. 

But they will not connect. Both Alfreds show the network name, and looking for connection, and never connect.

So, this is kind of a bust for me. Any ideas?

Thanks, Noel

Could you try adding a direct connection as Bonjour may be blocked on your network...

Number 4 on this page: http://support.alfredapp.com/tutorials:setting-up-remote

Your Macs IP address and port will be listed in Alfred's Remote preferences next to the enable server tickbox.

Let me know how you get on! :)

I tried a direct connection. I can see through LittleSnitch that my iPhone attempted to connect on the proper port (and it was allowed), yet the app on my phone immediately tells me "Disconnected".

For some reason, it won't work :-\

Corentin

Are there any details in Console.app showing an issue? Could you also try temporarily quitting LittleSnitch?

Are there any details in Console.app showing an issue? Could you also try temporarily quitting LittleSnitch?

I tried deleting my message but I was't fast enough :-> It turns out I had not clicked on the Add iOS remote button yet… I was under the false assumption that this was only for local connections from the same LAN and not for direct connections for the WAN.

I clicked it and was able to "pair" the Mac and the remote.

Corentin

I'm having the same problem. Cannot connect. My iOS device sees my Mac, but my Mac just keeps looking for Alfred Remote. I've checked to make sure they're on the same network and restarting, which is as far as the troubleshooting tree goes. I see the option for a direct connection, but I shouldn't have to do that. Help!

I'm having the same problem. Cannot connect. My iOS device sees my Mac, but my Mac just keeps looking for Alfred Remote. I've checked to make sure they're on the same network and restarting, which is as far as the troubleshooting tree goes. I see the option for a direct connection, but I shouldn't have to do that. Help!

When your iOS device shows your Mac, have you tapped the Mac to connect?

I also am having problems connecting between my Mac and Remote - I've rebooted several times with no avail; they're on the same network and I've turned off firewall but they still won't connect at all. They're not seeing each other. I've also tried the direct connection and that's not working either D: I'm kinda at a loss now as to what to do to resolve this.

I also am having problems connecting between my Mac and Remote - I've rebooted several times with no avail; they're on the same network and I've turned off firewall but they still won't connect at all. They're not seeing each other. I've also tried the direct connection and that's not working either D: I'm kinda at a loss now as to what to do to resolve this.

Have the same problem.

I've set up on my MacMini with my iPad3 and iPhone 5S with no problem, but it won't connect on my 17" MBP Early 2011.

Firewall is off, have rebooted all devices and it is on the same network. and also have tried direct connect and changing the connection ports.

The Macbook just tries to connect while the ipad/iphone shows a blank PassPhrase screen.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I can't seem to get a Bonjour connection working either. The mobile app says "Connecting" but never does, and Alfred just says searching. I used the values provided in Alfred for IP and port.

Can't find anything of substance in the console logs.  I don't use little snitch. Tried disabling the OS X firewall without success. Also, can't connect either to my desktop iMac or to my laptop either.  (oh, and I am clicking the pair button in Alfred while trying both wifi and direct connect, so it's not that.)

This is the only Alfred entry in the console:

1/28/15 1:03:02.000 PM kernel[0]: Alfred Preferenc (map: 0xffffff80494af0f0) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff80494af0f0, region 0x7fff97200000->0x7fff97400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Perplexing but perhaps an issue with network routing somehow? That seems like a suspect, but I'm not sure what might be odd in my network configuration. 

Well, I can't seem to get a Bonjour connection working either. The mobile app says "Connecting" but never does, and Alfred just says searching. I used the values provided in Alfred for IP and port.

Can't find anything of substance in the console logs.  I don't use little snitch. Tried disabling the OS X firewall without success. Also, can't connect either to my desktop iMac or to my laptop either.  (oh, and I am clicking the pair button in Alfred while trying both wifi and direct connect, so it's not that.)

This is the only Alfred entry in the console:

1/28/15 1:03:02.000 PM kernel[0]: Alfred Preferenc (map: 0xffffff80494af0f0) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff80494af0f0, region 0x7fff97200000->0x7fff97400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Perplexing but perhaps an issue with network routing somehow? That seems like a suspect, but I'm not sure what might be odd in my network configuration. 

What are the IP addresses and subnets of your Mac / iOS devices? That may provide a clue

So far this is the most promising, yet most frustrating, app to get up and running.  I've followed all the steps previously identified in trying to get the remote connection to work--even uninstalling/reinstalling Alfred on MacBook Pro and iOS 8.  Nothing.

So far this is the most promising, yet most frustrating, app to get up and running.  I've followed all the steps previously identified in trying to get the remote connection to work--even uninstalling/reinstalling Alfred on MacBook Pro and iOS 8.  Nothing.

Have you tried setting up a direct connection? Are you on a home or work network?

Yes, multiple times.  I'm running Yosemite (10.10.1).  Is that an issue?

10.10.1 is absolutely fine! Could you let me know the IP addresses of your iOS device and Mac? Are you on a home network or a corp / college network? Do you have a different network you could try?