Most boring topic: Can't connect

No, and the Fritz-Box is pretty spread out in Germany. But I couldn't get the connection without Fritzbox on the direct connection with my Mac.

Would you mind quitting Alfred then creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user, starting Alfred Remote Server then trying to connect again... there may be something on your main user account preventing the connection from happening into your Mac.

Cheers,

Andrew

I am running into the same issue, unable to connect over wifi or direct connection at work. I created a new user which also did not resolve the issue.

I am able to connect on my home wireless.

I am able to connect if I start up a personal hot spot on my iPhone.

I am not able to connect on our work wireless or using the direct connection to the Alfred server.

I did notice when connecting to our wifi that the cert was out of date and agreed to proceed. Not sure if it would help but I went into the apple keychain and checked that all parameters for the cert were set to trusted. No luck though.

I am running into the same issue, unable to connect over wifi or direct connection at work. I created a new user which also did not resolve the issue.

I am able to connect on my home wireless.

I am able to connect if I start up a personal hot spot on my iPhone.

I am not able to connect on our work wireless or using the direct connection to the Alfred server.

I did notice when connecting to our wifi that the cert was out of date and agreed to proceed. Not sure if it would help but I went into the apple keychain and checked that all parameters for the cert were set to trusted. No luck though.

You may find that your work network has wifi isolation from your work machines, which would prevent a network connection from being made.

What are the IP addresses and subnets of your iOS device and Mac at work?

Andrew there is the possibility that ip routing is not enabled or a setting that prevents devices talking to each other. I can't confirm from my resource however  since I can connect on two other networks please consider my issue closed.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks! I've been investigating other methods of connection (e.g. bluetooth and handoff), so stay tuned :)

Would you mind quitting Alfred then creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user, starting Alfred Remote Server then trying to connect again... there may be something on your main user account preventing the connection from happening into your Mac.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi, it works now. It has been the firewall not allowing communication... TXS, Hermann