App url scheme?

Yes, please!! That would be the key feature motivating me to buy the app. Generally, I don't need to control my Mac from iOS. Some other apps also provide the possibility to run AppleScripts from iOS. But what would be really great would be to start Alfred workflows from LaunchCenter Pro or, for really important ones, using gestures defined with Activator (Jailbreak)...

There is an existing alfred:// URL scheme on the Mac but I believe it's only used for adding workflows and themes at the moment.  I tried typing an alfred:// URL into Safari on the iPhone and got a Cannot Open Page message.

This is totally unrelated (or really, the exact opposite of what is being asked for) but I stumbled across this interesting link about using Alfred for Mac to run URL schemes on iOS devices: http://www.geekswithjuniors.com/note/launch-ios-actions-from-the-mac-using-alfred-and-command-c.html

Edited by dfay
  • 1 month later...

Bear April and still miss URL scheme for iOS Alfred Remote App. :( alfred:// or alfredremote://

Installed Launcher App on my iPad and tried to add a custom laucher for Alfred Remote to start it right from the Notification center.

It's just a line of Code that you have to put in an updated version of your iOS App of Alfred Remote, isn't it?

Thx in advance.

Bear April and still miss URL scheme for iOS Alfred Remote App. :( alfred:// or alfredremote://

Installed Launcher App on my iPad and tried to add a custom laucher for Alfred Remote to start it right from the Notification center.

It's just a line of Code that you have to put in an updated version of your iOS App of Alfred Remote, isn't it?

Thx in advance.

It's significantly more than this... primarily the security implications. As soon as an app has a URL scheme, this can be run by any app (including websites) at any point. [simplified], this would mean that a website could run things on your Mac.

If a URL scheme comes to Alfred Remote, it would need to be a negotiated and secured scheme to only allow authorised apps to run things on your Mac.

Take a look at this search term on Google for more info:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=secure+url+scheme

Essentially, inter-app communication will come to Remote, but only after careful consideration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interested in this because I have some old Sherlock bookmarklets that I'd like to use with Alfred: 

javascript:x=escape(getSelection());window.location='sherlock://com.apple.dictionary?query='+x+'&new_window&toolbar=hidden';

sherlock://com.apple.flights?new_window&toolbar=hidden

sherlock://com.apple.movies?zip=62903&new_window&toolbar=hidden

javascript:x=escape(getSelection());window.location='sherlock://com.apple.stockQuotes?query='+x+'&new_window&toolbar=hidden';

javascript:x=escape(getSelection());window.location='sherlock://com.apple.translation?source='+x+'&new_window&toolbar=hidden';

javascript:x=escape(getSelection());window.location='sherlock://com.apple.yellowPages?query='+x+'&zip=95014&new_window&toolbar=hidden';