How to reboot OS X when Alfred OS X ask for confirmation ?

Hello,

I've just install the app but, there is a but, there something i don't understand. When i want to reboot my Mini Alfred display a confirmation pop-up on my Mini, what is the interest f such an app if i need to confirm on OS X ?

Thanks

This confirmation will soon be moving to the iOS app, but for now, you can disable it altogether by double clicking on the reboot item in Alfred's remote preferences and unticking "confirm" :)

This confirmation will soon be moving to the iOS app, but for now, you can disable it altogether by double clicking on the reboot item in Alfred's remote preferences and unticking "confirm" :)

Thank you for your quick answer  :D

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Indeed, when i clic on "Reboot", i see a validation on the upper right side of the screen, it is so quick that so far i was not able to do it. Can't we disable it one for all, what ever it is from OS X or from iOS ?

Btw, is there any keyboard ?

I thought you were wanting to turn off this option:

restart%20confirm.png

Also, no keyboard as of yet... but stay tuned :)

Ok i see, thank you  :D

For the keyboard, it's because the App will be ideal for people like me who use a Mini as a media-player, no more keyboard & magic trackpad but, if possible, a keyboard & a "pad" in the App.

I found the confirmation check box but have an additional pop up warning me that another user is logged in and wanting further confirmation before I can reboot my Mac Mini.  Any way around this?

Thank you.

Hmm interesting, not that I know of... maybe somebody on here could help with that - there may be some AppleScript or a low level command which could circumvent this.

Hmm interesting, not that I know of... maybe somebody on here could help with that - there may be some AppleScript or a low level command which could circumvent this.

Well, the problem is that to override that dialog box, you'll need an administrator's password, which will open another dialog box (kind of defeating the point).

Here is the AppleScript for shutdown:

do shell script "sudo shutdown -h now" with administrator privileges

Here is the one for rebooting:

do shell script "sudo reboot now" with administrator privileges

Now, you CAN do this without the prompt (theoretically, I haven't tried), but you have to add passwordless sudo-access to those commands, which means that you have to edit your sudoers file. As a note of caution (for others reading this, Andrew knows this as well as all the warnings that I'm writing here): messing up your sudoers file is a really effective way to break your computer.

If you still want to proceed, then you can do this: download my sudoers workflow from Packal. And then add access for the commands reboot (/sbin/reboot) and (/sbin/shutdown). The sudoers workflow will alter the sudoers file for you without breaking it. After you do that, change the Applescripts above to remove the "with administrator privileges" part, so, for instance, shutdown would look like: 

do shell script "sudo shutdown -h now"

The AppleScript should then run without needing a password. Do note, however, that this method will allow you to use the shutdown/reboot commands (not the dialog boxes or other buttons) without a password from any context.

My actual recommendation would be to log out of the computer when you're done with it so that the dialog box never comes up.