Can't Remember Hotkeys or shortcuts

Hi,

I have imported a lot of workflows but I can't remember hardly any of them if I don't use them for a couple days. Anyone got a system to help you remember?

Greg Wardlaw

Hi there,

One option is this help workflow: http://www.packal.org/workflow/workflow-help-workflows which outputs all the info about your workflows.

Another option is to use Alfred Remote which allows you to hook up buttons on your iPhone / iPad to workflows instead of hotkeys and actions. This way, you don't need to remember them, just swipe and select on your iOS device :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi there,

One option is this help workflow: http://www.packal.org/workflow/workflow-help-workflows which outputs all the info about your workflows.

Another option is to use Alfred Remote which allows you to hook up buttons on your iPhone / iPad to workflows instead of hotkeys and actions. This way, you don't need to remember them, just swipe and select on your iOS device :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Actually, I purchased Alfred Remote yesterday but I don't know how to do much yet.

Actually, I purchased Alfred Remote yesterday but I don't know how to do much yet.

Thanks very much! Vero will be posting some videos over the next few weeks of how to do what you need. Essentially, you can add remote triggers in the workflows and connect these up to the required inputs and actions, then you can trigger your workflows directly and visually from your iOS device :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Greg, 

You are not supposed to remember all the workflow you installed right away.

If learning is your main focus, you can categorize your workflows in small batches ("week 1", "week 2", "week 3", ...)

Every week, you focus on learning workflows of a specific category. Using a workflow is the best way to remember it.

You can display the keyboard shortcut of every workflow (Workflows -> Gear -> Display Options).

HTH

I have installed a bunch of them so far but I find the best way for me to remember them is to just learn them over time. I like to just tinker around with things in my spare time so that's how I've been learning how to trigger the workflows I've installed. If you need help remembering, perhaps writing down the keywords to trigger them on paper or in a notes app would be useful? I think time is the best way to practice something until you get it right, though.

Another option is to go through your workflows and rename the keywords to something more meaningful to you. Perhaps the workflow has a keyword that doesn't really match well with what it does.. you could change that keyword to make it more synonymous with what it actually does.