Would static IP alter anything else like Airplay?

I switched to static IP to use Alfred Remote as the other log on method did not  work very consistently.

Since then, Alfred Remote is fine.

However...my B&W Zeppelin Air no longer shows up on the network and I had a similar problem with my network printer that required it to be deleted and re-added.

Are they related, do you think?

I switched to static IP to use Alfred Remote as the other log on method did not  work very consistently.

Since then, Alfred Remote is fine.

However...my B&W Zeppelin Air no longer shows up on the network and I had a similar problem with my network printer that required it to be deleted and re-added.

Are they related, do you think?

Setting your Mac to have a static IP shouldn't affect anything... UNLESS, you have set your static IP to be within your routers DHCP range. This means that your router could theoretically assign your static IP to another device.

On my Airport Extreme, I have setup the DHCP range to be 10.0.1.2 - 10.0.1.200. This leaves a static 10.0.1.1 for the router itself and 10.0.1.201 - 10.0.1.255 for statically allocated IP addresses. I have the wired Macs on my network with a static IP address and any wireless devices such as my B&W A5 and printer to DHCP... they both work fine with AirPlay and AirPrint.

Other than this, assigning a static IP shouldn't affect anything.

Let me know if you need any more help! :)

Cheers,

Andrew