RayJ

Finding email

Alfred finds almost everyting except my emails. Can Alfred find my email? If so what componet of an email wiil be needed?

The best way to search Mail is with a workflow to search for emails specifically, rather than letting them clutter your results.

This is a Mail search workflow:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5818788/Alfred/Mail.app%20Search.alfredworkflow

Once you've imported the workflow, the keywords are:

- "emfrom" to search by sender and sender email address
- "em" to search by subject line and email content
- "emsubj" to search only by subject line

Let me know if this helps you out :)

Cheers,
Vero

Hi Vero, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  When I use the work flow and type any of the three keywords followed by my search term, I am getting the default google search each time?

Hi Vero, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  When I use the work flow and type any of the three keywords followed by my search term, I am getting the default google search each time?

Are you specifically trying to search your Mail.app emails? This doesn't apply to other mail clients who will store their data elsewhere.

Which keyword followed by what text are you entering? For example, I can type "emfrom andrew" and it'll show me any emails where the sender's name is Andrew.

Let me know and I'll be happy to help :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero,  Yes, in the mail.app emails.  When I type "emfrom" or "em" and then various contacts (or search terms) that I know are in the mail.app, Alfred pulls up the google search. Thanks for responding and for all your help.

Hi Vero,  Yes, in the mail.app emails.  When I type "emfrom" or "em" and then various contacts (or search terms) that I know are in the mail.app, Alfred pulls up the google search. Thanks for responding and for all your help.

Do you get *any* results or none at all? E.g. if you type "em" and part of your own name, do you get results? 

If you get no results, it may be that your emails are stored somewhere other than the default ~/Library/Mail/ folder so it'll take a little bit of detective work to identify where your emails are stored, then drop that folder into the File Filter's search scope instead of the default location.

Cheers,

Vero