Alfred Automatically Launches Reminders

StrangeFiction

Alfred version 2.6 with Powerpack

OSX 10.2

Since the introduction of Yosemite, every time I try to launch/open anything beginning with the letter "r," the native Reminders app automatically launches an unresponsive version of itself (the icon appears, but it doesn't run and Force Quit is needed to shut it down). So, whether I'm trying to launch Readkit or some random pdf, as soon as the letter "r" is pressed in the Alfred window, that Reminders icon appears and hops in my dock. (This does not happen if I use Spotlight, but Spotlight doesn't have near the features of Alfred.)

This has been happening since the first version of Yosemite. I didn't write until now because I thought that Alfred updates would have resolved the problem. The actions I've taken to try to resolve the problem so far are 1.) clearing the application cache, and 2.) rebuilding OSX's metadata. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance (and for an indispensable app),

Jamison

Alfred version 2.6 with Powerpack

OSX 10.2

Since the introduction of Yosemite, every time I try to launch/open anything beginning with the letter "r," the native Reminders app automatically launches an unresponsive version of itself (the icon appears, but it doesn't run and Force Quit is needed to shut it down). 

I had a chat with another user a few days ago on this: This isn't a bug, and it's simply due to a workflow you've imported which is used to add Reminders, and launches when you type "r" (which is its keyword) - If a workflow is set to perform its action as soon as the relevant keyword is typed, it may launch immediately. 

You can right-click the workflow name in the Workflows preferences to temporarily disable it so you can check which one is causing this. I'd suggest disabling the responsible workflow or changing its keyword to something you're less likely to type so that it doesn't launch by mistake in the future.

I had a chat with another user a few days ago on this: This isn't a bug, and it's simply due to a workflow you've imported which is used to add Reminders, and launches when you type "r" (which is its keyword) - If a workflow is set to perform its action as soon as the relevant keyword is typed, it may launch immediately. 

You can right-click the workflow name in the Workflows preferences to temporarily disable it so you can check which one is causing this. I'd suggest disabling the responsible workflow or changing its keyword to something you're less likely to type so that it doesn't launch by mistake in the future.

Thank you, Vero! What started as (and really still is) an insignificant problem a few months ago had me on the verge of insanity the last couple of days. Thank you, again.

Thank you, Vero! What started as (and really still is) an insignificant problem a few months ago had me on the verge of insanity the last couple of days. Thank you, again.

In fact, could you let me know what the workflow's called and either a link or author if it's been filled in? It'll make it easier for me to guide users next time this happens :)

In fact, could you let me know what the workflow's called and either a link or author if it's been filled in? It'll make it easier for me to guide users next time this happens :)

The workflow is just called Reminders and here is the link: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/917-reminders/

It worked fine in Mavericks for the short time that I used it (and simply typing an "r" didn't activate it until you followed it up with your Reminders-specific input). It wasn't until Yosemite that the trouble started (and by then I no longer used the workflow and had forgotten about it), so that's why I mistakingly thought is was an Alfred/Yosemite bug.