Tag Search plus Additional Search Term

Just wondering, if following is possible.

Let's say I have 1000 files tagged in the Finder with "Map". I want to find the files that are tagged with Map and have "Europe" in the filename.

In Spotlight this is fairly easy"

tag:map then Return then add "Europe" to the search string.

But I would of course prefer to do this in Alfred, if it is possible?

Thanks for any guidance.

tag-search-finder.png

Just wondering, if following is possible.

Let's say I have 1000 files tagged in the Finder with "Map". I want to find the files that are tagged with Map and have "Europe" in the filename.

In Spotlight this is fairly easy"

tag:map then Return then add "Europe" to the search string.

Alfred currently doesn't have dynamic filtering built in (something planned for the future)... you can achieve this pretty easily with a file filter workflow though, but each filter you setup will be fixed to the keyword you set for it e.g. "map".

Under the workflow examples ([+] button in Workflow prefs), there is folder filter example "Filter for folders in home". Add that, then under the Advanced settings of the File Filter object, add the tag metadata item and set the tag to 'map' like this:

tag%20in%20file%20filter.png

Configure the keyword in the basic setup tab to represent a keyword search like 'fmap', also remove the folder file type below that and then in Alfred, you'll be able to search for map files using e.g. fmap europe.

Let me know if you need any help, I'd be happy to create an example workflow for you :)

Thanks Andrew! Makes good sense though I'll use it for key terms only or I'll end up with a lot of workflows.

Most of my maps have "map" and/or the key term in their filename, so I can probably find what I'm looking for quickly in Alfred anyway.

Dynamic filtering would be a great addition to the already stellar toolkit though, especially to take full advantage of Tags.