boutwell

Outlook 15.6 (Office 365) - Search by subject

This is a workflow that will search the subject field of emails in the new version of Outlook for Mac that is currently available to Office 365 subscribers. Additional fields can be added in the advanced section of the file filter.

The new version has a different data path as well as a new file type, so the old Outlook searches were not working.

Alfred_Outlook_Search.png

If anyone knows how to make the date the e-mail was received show up where the file path shows in the results, I would be your best friend.

The workflow can be downloaded HERE.

Well for some reason, I cannot get this working.  To be fair, it's my first go at trying to install a Workflow, but nothing is showing up.

Is there a keyword or something specific I need to type before searching by subject?

Did you bind a shortcut key specifically to this workflow, Bud?

If you are seeing the "Alfred Hat" as shown circled in red below, that is the general search. You want the new Outlook icon on the search box (circled in green).

tempscreen.png

I cannot get this to work either. I see the Outlook icon but when I enter text nothing appears below.

Also, does this search full body text or just subject?

Thanks in advance for any help! 

As-downloaded, it only searches the subject. You can modify this by double-clicking on the search string...

Screen_Shot_2015-08-11_at_8.24.40_AM.png

...and then going to the Advanced tab and adding the kMDItemTextContent field by pressing the + button on the lower right corner:

Screen_Shot_2015-08-11_at_8.24.25_AM.png

As long as you are using Outlook version 15, that should work, dadgumit. The file path would be different for any other version. We might have to get somebody with Alfred to weigh in on this one as I am not sure what else could be the issue.