forgetfulfellow

"Open Terminal Here" Question

Hi everyone,

So whenever I maneuver to a folder and hit "Open Terminal Here" through Alfred, OSX Yosemite creates a new window with the terminal at the correct place. However, I don't want an entire new window, I want just a new tab situated in my already opened terminal window. Does anybody know how to make Alfred/Terminal default to this behavior?

Thanks,

Nolan 

Hi everyone,

So whenever I maneuver to a folder and hit "Open Terminal Here" through Alfred, OSX Yosemite creates a new window with the terminal at the correct place. However, I don't want an entire new window, I want just a new tab situated in my already opened terminal window. Does anybody know how to make Alfred/Terminal default to this behavior?

Thanks,

Nolan 

I don't think we can with Alfred's built-in "Open Terminal Here" command.

BUT, you could "Use your own Applescript" to make a file command workflow to replace the built-in.

You could also go to Preferences->Features->Terminal and select 'Custom' as the Terminal application to customize the command used by Alfred. This doesn't JUST work for using another application, you can also use it to customize how the command is passed to Terminal as well.