Open url with multiple queries

Hey guys,

Is there a way I can use alfred to open URLs with multiple queries? I want to do something like

website.com/{query1}/someOtherText/{query2}

I use a lot of sites that vary a single line in the url, and I don't want to make a new search for each one.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Is there a way I can use alfred to open URLs with multiple queries? I want to do something like

website.com/{query1}/someOtherText/{query2}

I use a lot of sites that vary a single line in the url, and I don't want to make a new search for each one.

Thanks!

You can achieve this with a workflow. Here is a simple example for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Kitten%20Image.alfredworkflow

It takes a comma separated argument with keyword kitten to launch a URL with two arguments :)

• 3 years later...
16 hours ago, heyJoeCampbell said:

but what I am looking for is a way to add multiple variables into one URL

website.com/{query1}/blah/{query2}

I do not code - I need a plug & play workflow that I can mod

Which is exactly what the Kitten Image workflow appears to be. You literally just need to change the URL.

In what way is that workflow unsuited to your purpose?

4 hours ago, deanishe said:

Which is exactly what the Kitten Image workflow appears to be. You literally just need to change the URL.

In what way is that workflow unsuited to your purpose?

@deanishe, @heyJoeCampbell was responding to the workflow that I posted given that the original was not available at the link at the time.  However, I misinterpreted the objective of the OP, so my workflow does something entirely different than what was needed, whereas the Kitten Image workflow actually solves the problem and has now been reposted.

I've now deleted my workflow as it's not relevant this post.

Edited by CJK
Added note regarding deletion of previous post
  • 3 months later...

Question......   I am doing something similar using the dropbox file from above but am not getting the results I desire..... Yes, I'm sure I'm doing it incorrectly.  All I changed was the url.... yes xxxx isn't he correct website, but the rest of it is.

image.thumb.png.9a8f528fd545f128b9047a6761c59a87.png

and I get the results image.png.077e327dbbb069132f2c8c933c20f079.png

This gives me the correct results when I do it with with web search for one item use image.png.35fb1e4e40bf696655c1db37d56c3edd.png

and get the correct result of image.png.ffee21e9f416154077b024a26e869044.png

If somebody can help me make this work, the second part to my questions would be to know if it's possible to press apple space, enter the keyword and paste multiple  order numbers that are currently vertical in an excel spreadsheet? I'm guessing the comma would have to be taken out and replaced with something else.... but I'm not sure what. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Um, maybe I'm in over my head because I honestly don't understand much of this, sorry.  I was hoping to use the one that was posted in the dropbox link so I don't have anything I'm building off of and was hoping somebody could possibly help me.  I love the way I've been doing it for years with only one word/number in the query I've been using. 

My new goal is to press apple spacebar,  enter my key word of x and then cut an paste order numbers from Excel that are arranged vertically and have them open up in a website in multiple tabs. I can't enter the entire url since it's for work.

Is this possible?

1 minute ago, Princess said:

I can't enter the entire url since it's for work.

Then use a fake URL. It doesn't matter if I get a bunch of 404s in my browser: I can still see whether the URL is what I expected or not.

What you want to do sounds quite straightforward. But that's only if I've understood you correctly. I'd rather not rewrite the workflow a bunch of times because we weren't on the same wavelength.

If you have no idea about writing workflows, then in addition to your above description, please provide some sample input and describe the expected results.

Fair enough.... thanks, I appreciate it!

Currently I type c 62111 and get the results   www.blahblahblah.com/house/{query}/fun    I'm hoping to replace the 62111 with multiple entries such as...

which I've pasted from a column in Excel (different cells), and have it open up in three different tabs in the same window in Chrome.

Edited by Princess
  • 1 month later...

Is there a way to build on top of what you build last time?  Can there be two queries.  In the example the below, 62311 would be the query that you wrote last time where I can dump a bunch of numbers in from Excel.... and 333 would be a new query?  Is this possible?

I'm hoping I can just enter 

Keyword 333, 62311

Keyword (3 digit number), (all the numbers I'm pasting from Excel)

Your last workflow is working magically!

Edited by Princess
add info

I was able to get the kitten workflow to open a site with two queries... but I couldn't figure out how to adjust the one the "Alfred whisperer" @deanishe

created.  I'm still hoping that one can be adjusted so I can dump a bunch of numbers from Excel into it.  Thoughts?

Is there a way to build on top of what you build last time?  Can there be two queries.  In the example the below, 62311 would be the query that you wrote last time where I can dump a bunch of numbers in from Excel.... and 333 would be a new query?  Is this possible?

I'm hoping I can just enter 

Keyword 333, 62311

Keyword (3 digit number), (all the numbers I'm pasting from Excel)

www.blahblahblah.net/xxxx/{query}/info

Edited by Princess