Defining Words

cjmegatron81

I have been using Alfred since version 1.

I remember being able to define words when using the keyword "define" and the definition would should up within Alfred. However, when I try this it does not define the word. The only way to get a definition is to be kicked out to the Dictionary.app. 

2w7g4u9.jpg

This is possible to do. I saw this discussed on The Sweet Setup (under the Dictionary section):

http://thesweetsetup.com/apps/our-favorite-os-x-launcher/

I am not sure if this is a bug or I changed a certain setting turning off what I want to do. 

Please assist. 

Thanks. 

I have been using Alfred since version 1.

I remember being able to define words when using the keyword "define" and the definition would should up within Alfred. However, when I try this it does not define the word. The only way to get a definition is to be kicked out to the Dictionary.app. 

This is possible to do. I saw this discussed on The Sweet Setup (under the Dictionary section):

http://thesweetsetup.com/apps/our-favorite-os-x-launcher/

I am not sure if this is a bug or I changed a certain setting turning off what I want to do. 

Please assist. 

Thanks. 

You shouldn't need to enable anything for this...

define.png

Which version of OS X are you using, and which version of Alfred?

Sorry, I forgot to put that.

I am running Alfred v2.6 (374) on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. I am also running the Powerpack if that matters.

Thanks.

In your Alfred preferences, go to Appearance > Options, and check that in the left column, you set "Show result subtext" to "Always" so that the Dictionary subtext is shown.

If you have it set to any of the other options in the dropdown, the subtext won't be shown in this context. :)