Sign in to follow this  
designsbytierney

Restore after OS X erase and resinstall

I need to perform a clean erase and reinstall Yosemite on my Mac, and reinstall all applications.  Its a long story.

What would be the steps to preserve and reinstall Alfred's settings, history and any other aspects of how alfred runs so I could be back up and running with it again.

Thanks,

I need to perform a clean erase and reinstall Yosemite on my Mac, and reinstall all applications.  Its a long story.

What would be the steps to preserve and reinstall Alfred's settings, history and any other aspects of how alfred runs so I could be back up and running with it again.

Thanks,

Are you currently using any software to sync settings to other machines such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc? If so, then most settings could easily be restored after the reinstall by allowing all files to sync back to your machine, then setting up syncing in Alfred again.

If you currently aren't using some 3rd party app to sync settings, then Alfred's preferences and settings live at ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/

Those settings could be copied or backed up and restored after the reinstall.