snippet overrides the clipboard

hello

I tried to search but found nothing.

Im using snippets extensively.

often i already have a text in clipboard that i copy for example form a http site.

i open iterm.

i press my shortcut and lunch Alfred paste manager , type the relevant strings to find my snippet.

one i select it with enter it is pasted to iterm 

but the original context of my clipboard is lost.

How do i change this settings?

I want Alfred to paste my snippet but to leave my original clipboard intact.

Thanks

rado

Alfred does not support this. In order to paste the snippet into another application, Alfred needs to copy the snippet to the clipboard, which overwrites whatever was there before.

If you're using clipboard history, you should be able to find the text you originally copied listed near the top. Then you can re-copy the text to your clipboard and paste it wherever you need it.

Hope this helps! :)

that still too many keystroks to get the job done.

Would it be possible to create some workaround, examples:

- have shortcut diff then cmd+v that copy the paste the orig clipboard  value i had. as you noted the orig clipboard entry is in the history list and I can access it by

- have a snippet that uses the {fuu bar} expression that dynamically inserts clipboard value to the snippet template and returns the formatted snippet ?

that still too many keystroks to get the job done.

Would it be possible to create some workaround, examples:

- have shortcut diff then cmd+v that copy the paste the orig clipboard  value i had. as you noted the orig clipboard entry is in the history list and I can access it by

- have a snippet that uses the {fuu bar} expression that dynamically inserts clipboard value to the snippet template and returns the formatted snippet ?

If what you're trying to do is paste a snippet with your current clipboard content embedded in it, you can indeed do this.

Create a new snippet and include {clipboard} where you want the clipboard content to be included. In fact, here are all the dynamic snippets you can include:

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:using-dynamic-placeholders-in-snippets

Cheers, :)

Vero