Many workflows stopped working after updating both OSX and Alfred

The latest Alfred update came out at about the same time as OSX 10.10.3 and so I updated both in a short interval, thus I cannot say for sure which update broke the workflows...

But the fact remains, some workflows don't work anymore, like:

- evernote by Carlos Alberto Sztoltz

- audio switch by Ricardo Sampayo

- strike by Xuso

- a simple workflow of mine that associates a keyboard shortcut to an applescript supposed to pop a terminal in or out 

That's all I've seen so far... But they're important part of my work flow and I hope to get them back !

Tell me if there's anything I can do to help w/ the diagnosis.

Tell me if there's anything I can do to help w/ the diagnosis.

Have you tried turning on Alfred's debug mode for the workflows which aren't working? This should give you a clue as to what's going on.

I'm going to move this to the workflow help section to get more eyes on it.

So here it is:

For Evernote: 

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: System Events got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

For my own terminal popping workflow:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.applescript] {
    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = "System Events";
    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Application isn\U2019t running.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "System Events got an error: Application isn\U2019t running.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = "-600";
    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = "NSRange: {89, 41}";
}

For the audio switch workflow:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 240:308: execution error: System Events got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

For the Strike workflow:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 240:308: execution error: System Events got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

Starting to see a pattern yet? :-)

So it looks like many workflow are going to have to be changed with this new OSX 10.10.3, System Events isn't a thing anymore... Anyone has the time to look into that and find the new denomination? 

Hmm...I just tried tried four different workflows that rely on System Events and they worked fine (with 10.10.3 and Alfred 2.7)....but I don't use any of these....let me grab one and try it, too.

Update: I just tried Audio Switch and it's working fine.

Maybe your Accessibility Prefs got reset? (see http://ricardosampayo.com/en/Audio-Switch-Alfred-WorkFlows/ at the bottom).

Edited by dfay

So here it is:

Also chiming in to say I'm on 10.10.3 and using the latest build and the Evernote workflow is working great for me. I'm not using the others you mention, but I'm not encountering any issues with that one.

This may also fall into the category of obvious things you've already tried....but have you tried a reboot?

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19957268/applescript-fails-with-error-600-when-launched-over-ssh-on-mavericks

I have definitely rebooted at least once since installing those upgrades, so it may have been the case that that's what fixed it (inadvertently) for me.

Edited by dfay

This may also fall into the category of obvious things you've already tried....but have you tried a reboot?

Well you know what, I hadn't... Feel so stupid now! For my own defense, the update did include a reboot so it *felt* like I had recently rebooted. Thanks @dfay.

There does seem to be something going on with 10.10.3 that's causing System Events to quit....I am getting the -600 error filling passwords with 1Password (completely outside of Alfred) this morning after it had been working fine....

Edited by dfay