Alfred is frozen when activated from Mission Control

maxjacobson

• Command Space to open Alfred
  • Type: "Mission Control" to find the mission control app (or invoke it with a gesture)
  • Try to type

For me, Alfred appears above the windows in Mission Control, but I cannot type into it. I think an appropriate behavior would be to allow typing, or to exit Mission Control and then allow typing.

• Type: "Mission Control" to find the mission control app (or invoke it with a gesture)
  • Try to type

For me, Alfred appears above the windows in Mission Control, but I cannot type into it. I think an appropriate behavior would be to allow typing, or to exit Mission Control and then allow typing.

Unfortunately, Alfred doesn't have control over this. I raised an Apple DTS to see if I could work around it, but keyboard focus isn't allowed. I have left an internal ticket open to see what I can do in the future.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to investigating]

Thanks for looking into it!

If it's possible to prevent Alfred from activating from Mission Control that might be fine too. It just feels weird having it there and being unable to type into it.

This is what I wanted to [at least] achieve originally when I raised the DTS, but Apple said there was no public API way of detecting that Mission Control was open, which means I couldn't prevent Alfred from showing.