"Move To..." File Action can't take a path as an argument.

This was going to be a feature request, but I thought others might have a different approach to solving this problem.

I have a lot of subdirectories with the same generic name (like "images"), so being able to pass a little bit of the path when I'm using "Move To..." would remove the need to squint at the parent directories to find the one I want.

Like if I had:

1. "~/Project/images"
2. ".../Documents/images"
3. "/Users/BeefBurger/Other/images"

I could type "Documents/im" in the "Move To.." pane and it would display option 2.

Let's do it picture book style:

FILE SEARCH:
pCpHFzb.png
SELECT "MOVE TO...":

Dl4BKDx.png
SEARCH WITH PATH:

U8stbC5.png

(I used MAMP because file searching is actually surprisingly revealing...)

I hope I've explained the issue well enough. Let me know if there's another method of acheiving the same kind of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I've explained the issue well enough. Let me know if there's another method of acheiving the same kind of thing.

Sorry about the slow reply, I missed your thread.

You should be able to both paste a path (not ../ though) into the Move To... or search for a folder name directly and then navigate forward and back (searching within a folder) until you find the folder you are looking for.

I think in your example, you need to type 'mamp', then navigate into that folder using cmd+down, then you can search within that folder for another folder.

Cheers,

Andrew