'sticky' searches in Google

I've just stumbled on Alfred while searching for a solution to Spotlight no longer searching in Dropbox and am amazed at its speed.

I may have missed something on the boards, but I can't see how to make a search 'sticky': in a browser if a complex search string is not quite right you can click on back and tweak it, but I can't see how you do this in Alfred.

Considering just what Alfred does I feel it must be in ther somewhere, so please excuse me if it is obvious.

Cheers, Colin

--

www.MissingPortraits.info

I've just stumbled on Alfred while searching for a solution to Spotlight no longer searching in Dropbox and am amazed at its speed.

I may have missed something on the boards, but I can't see how to make a search 'sticky': in a browser if a complex search string is not quite right you can click on back and tweak it, but I can't see how you do this in Alfred.

Considering just what Alfred does I feel it must be in ther somewhere, so please excuse me if it is obvious.

Cheers, Colin

--

www.MissingPortraits.info

I'm not sure I completely understand but it seems like you're wanting to get to previous queries so that you can modify them? If so, pop up Alfred and press the Up arrow. That should allow you to go through a list of previous queries

Thanks David, you entirely understood, I'd only tried the back arrow, so now I'm hooked.

How come I've been a Mac user since the late '80s and I only found Alfred when looking for a fix for Spotlight no longer searching my Dropbox!?

C

Thanks David, you entirely understood, I'd only tried the back arrow, so now I'm hooked.

How come I've been a Mac user since the late '80s and I only found Alfred when looking for a fix for Spotlight no longer searching my Dropbox!?

C

In Alfred's Advanced preferences, you can also check a box to say "Show latest history if within 5 minutes" - so not only can you press the up arrow as David suggested, but you can also make your latest recent query remain in Alfred's search box :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for that too, a nice extra, except that today he will act as a Spotlight replacement, but typing 'Google "search string"' does nothing anymore. C

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying; When typing "google unicorns" into Alfred, do you see "Search Google for 'unicorns'" below?

If you don't, please launch your preferences to Features > Web Search and check that the Google web search is enabled (checkbox on the right) and that your keyword is still "google". If you've changed the keyword, you'll need to use your new keyword :)