rhyd

Search Omnifocus: free text search your Omnifocus data

When I try to use this workflow, I receive the following message "Error in workflow 'Search Omnifocus' - unable to open up database file."  Any ideas?  I'm a workflow newbie and would appreciate any help.

Hi,

What version of OmniFocus are you using? By default, the workflow assumes you're using version 2 but, if you're using 3, you can switch by typing the Alfred keyword `use-of-3`.

Let me know if that solves it, otherwise please share your Alfred workflow log by following these steps:

• Show Alfred preferences (keyword 'alf')
  • Click 'Workflows' in the tool bar
  • Choose 'Search Omnifocus' from the list of workflows on the left
  • Click on the 'Debug' to toggle debugging mode (see Alfred's help page for more info)
  • Choose 'All information' from the Log dropdown
  • Open Alfred and type the query that's not working
  • Copy the debug output and post it as a response - I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Rhyd

Hi,

What version of OmniFocus are you using? By default, the workflow assumes you're using version 2 but, if you're using 3, you can switch by typing the Alfred keyword `use-of-3`.

Let me know if that solves it, otherwise please share your Alfred workflow log by following these steps:

• Show Alfred preferences (keyword 'alf')
  • Click 'Workflows' in the tool bar
  • Choose 'Search Omnifocus' from the list of workflows on the left
  • Click on the 'Debug' to toggle debugging mode (see Alfred's help page for more info)
  • Choose 'All information' from the Log dropdown
  • Open Alfred and type the query that's not working
  • Copy the debug output and post it as a response - I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Rhyd

I'm using OmniFocus 3.1.1.  If I type the "use-of-3" it seems to work.  Is there a way to change the workflow to automatically work with OF3 or simplify the text used to trigger the workflow

(e.g., "of3").

Thanks for your help and quick response.  I really appreciate the help.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:48 PM, DeLaDave said:

I'm using OmniFocus 3.1.1.  If I type the "use-of-3" it seems to work.  Is there a way to change the workflow to automatically work with OF3 or simplify the text used to trigger the workflow

(e.g., "of3").

Thanks for your help and quick response.  I really appreciate the help.

You should only have to do that once.

1 hour ago, bivalvegruff said:

You should only have to do that once.

You're correct.  Just tried it and was given a notification that the workflow will use OF3 from now on.  Appreciate the help.

Hi, not currently. The workflow assumes that all tasks in the inbox are processed into projects before completion.

10 hours ago, rhyd said:

Hi, not currently. The workflow assumes that all tasks in the inbox are processed into projects before completion.

Thanks, didn't realize that was why. I deleted the completed tasks that weren't assigned a project and now the command works just fine :) Also, big thanks for this workflow!