chris

Sonos Playback Control & Search

I was hoping to find a playback controller for the Sonos desktop app but only found Jeff Johns's "Sonos Sound Controls" workflow, which unfortunately only offered volume control hotkeys.

I tend to do a lot of playback control using keywords, so I set some up for Alfred. I'm an AppleScript noob, and Sonos doesn't really support AppleScript, so this was kind of a pain, and pretty hacky. There were some useful posts from 2008, but otherwise, I was kind of stabbing in the dark.

Download here.

There's support for the following commands using the 'sonos' keyword: searchplay/pause, next track, previous track, volume up/down, and mute.

sonos.png

Feedback and suggestions welcomed.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for this workflow.  Obviously love Alfred and just got my SONOS system installed and in the process of developing a complex HA system with as much automation and having ease of use is critical during iterations.

Seems to be working so far and will gladly provide feedback as I go.  

Thank you very much and all my very best,

Tudor

This is great, thank you!

On the latest version of the Sonos desktop app for Mac (version 7.1) I had to update the play/pause to be "click button 3 of window 1" instead of button 2. Otherwise all other functions seem to work as is.