Numerous apps not showing up?

I REALLY want to like Alfred, but in both of my attempts to use it (one going on currently, and one a few months ago) it fails to find about 50% of the apps I have installed. Ironically, the apps it fails to find are the ones I use most, so this is obviously a problem. The same apps are found instantly using Spotlight, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the app cache... Any help would be appreciated!

I REALLY want to like Alfred, but in both of my attempts to use it (one going on currently, and one a few months ago) it fails to find about 50% of the apps I have installed. Ironically, the apps it fails to find are the ones I use most, so this is obviously a problem. The same apps are found instantly using Spotlight, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the app cache... Any help would be appreciated!

Even though Spotlight does find the files, there could be still be something wonky with the metadata. Have you tried reindexing? The option to do so is available in Alfred's Advanced Preferences. Try that and let me know how that works out

I've run the reindex several times during both test runs. Never helps.

Have you taken a look at the steps in the Indexing page?

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:indexing

Also, when reindexing from Alfred, be sure to check the box for "Delete /.Spotlight-V100" so that OS X can build a full fresh index. Once it has completed (up to an hour), type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the app cache.

If you still can't find your apps, could you please drag of one of the apps Alfred can't find into the Metadata tool and copy the output into this thread?

http://cachefly.alfredapp.com/tools/AlfredMetadataTool_v1.1.zip

Cheers,

Vero