Update Stuck

FrederickN

Alfred 2 cannot complete an update. The top item in Change Log is 2.6.  Above it is, in red, "Unable to find update zip :("

at the bottom is "Download starting…" but nothing happens. 

Current version is v2.0.5 (202)

Try downloading Alfred directly from http://alfredapp.com and manually replacing /Applications/Alfred 2.app :)

• 5 months later...

Based on the reply it doesn't sound like the "investigation" has progressed :)  However I'm also running into this and wanted to bump the thread with my details. I'll download directly as mentioned, but hopefully the underlying issue will get fixed as it's a bit annoying.

I'm on OSX 10.11.1 running Alfred v2.8 (414) currently. The app is telling me that v2.8.1 (425) is now available but like the OP, the download acts like it's starting for about a minute and then I get the red "Unable to find update zip :(" message. I've completely closed and restarted Alfred with no change.

Based on the reply it doesn't sound like the "investigation" has progressed :)  However I'm also running into this and wanted to bump the thread with my details. I'll download directly as mentioned, but hopefully the underlying issue will get fixed as it's a bit annoying.

I'm on OSX 10.11.1 running Alfred v2.8 (414) currently. The app is telling me that v2.8.1 (425) is now available but like the OP, the download acts like it's starting for about a minute and then I get the red "Unable to find update zip :(" message. I've completely closed and restarted Alfred with no change.

Could you give a little more info about your network setup... Do you use a proxy? Are you on a corporate network with filtering at all? Is there a firewall outside of your control which may be preventing the zip from being accessed?

Essentially, the update plist comes from the same source as the zip file, so if Alfred is telling you that an update is available, then it should be able to download.

Cheers,

Andrew