1Password: paste/insert password directly to selected field

Hi All

Is there a way to insert a 1Password search result directly into the selected field?

At least is is possible to copy the password to the clipboard with a few clicks of the keyboard.

Gmail recently changed their log in process. It now spans over two screens, 1 for email then another for password.

With the 1Password mini app running I constantly have to right click in the field, call up the app, type the Gmail I'm using then hit enter.

If I call up the 1pass mini app with a hotkey it will open a whole new window and start the log in process from the beginning.

I have the same experience with Alfred's 1Password integration.

I'd like Alfred to automatically bring up the gmail login page, fill in the emails address and then if I have to search for the password again insert it directly into the password field (least have the option of copy and paste).

This would be useful for other situations where the app doesn't allow you to rightclick in a password field. 1password mini app doesn't allow you to navigate with keys alone, so to copy the password to the clipboard you have to hover over the password with your mouse and copy it. This becomes a big hassle on those days where you seem to do little other than logging in to accounts.

Hi All

Is there a way to insert a 1Password search result directly into the selected field?

At least is is possible to copy the password to the clipboard with a few clicks of the keyboard.

Gmail recently changed their log in process. It now spans over two screens, 1 for email then another for password.

With the 1Password mini app running I constantly have to right click in the field, call up the app, type the Gmail I'm using then hit enter.

If I call up the 1pass mini app with a hotkey it will open a whole new window and start the log in process from the beginning.

I have the same experience with Alfred's 1Password integration.

I'd like Alfred to automatically bring up the gmail login page, fill in the emails address and then if I have to search for the password again insert it directly into the password field (least have the option of copy and paste).

This would be useful for other situations where the app doesn't allow you to rightclick in a password field. 1password mini app doesn't allow you to navigate with keys alone, so to copy the password to the clipboard you have to hover over the password with your mouse and copy it. This becomes a big hassle on those days where you seem to do little other than logging in to accounts.

Due to security concerns, Alfred doesn't have direct access to the contents of 1Password. Alfred only has basic access (just the login url) that has a code appended.

With 1Password Mini, if it is setup to activate with a hotkey, you could.. Use Alfred the first time to select the login you want to visit, then on the second step, action 1Password Mini, enter the login name, press the right arrow, and then press Enter. Pressing the right arrow would show the details of the login item, typically with the password selected and the Copy action available. 

Would that work?