File previews like Spotlight

Hi,

I was wondering if Alfred supports file previews like Spotlight does for file searches?

http://d.pr/i/1h6dc+

Also, is there any way of making previews bigger when navigating folders?

http://d.pr/i/1aPt3+

Thanks!

When previewing files, Alfred has support for QuickLook built in. With that, you can select a file in Alfred and press Cmd+Y (or right shift) to show the file preview within QuickLook

• 7 months later...

Quicklook is ok, but does not fit most needs for designers to quickly select a image version thru a list like in spotlight.

alfred need to add a option for that or add the file preview like in spotlight.

without this function everytime i need to fallback to spotlight and cant imagine to update to the next version.

• 2 months later...

Also, can an action be taken on a file in Recent Documents? For instance, if I type Preview, and then select Recent Documents, can I take an Action on one of those items? Perhaps Mail it or Move it? If so, how to I activate the options for the actions? Normally I'd hit Tab or Fn to get the Actions for an item, but this doesn't work for Recent Documents. I can't even get previews to work on Recent Documents by pressing the Shift key. Am I missing something?

Alfred 3 is out now, but it seems that there is still no direct preview like in spotlight.

I really hope that this feature will come soon.

Have you had a look at File Navigation? For example, type ~/Documents/ and you'll be able to preview your files in the right side panel.  Sounds like it's what you're looking for :)

Also, can an action be taken on a file in Recent Documents? For instance, if I type Preview, and then select Recent Documents, can I take an Action on one of those items? Perhaps Mail it or Move it? If so, how to I activate the options for the actions? Normally I'd hit Tab or Fn to get the Actions for an item, but this doesn't work for Recent Documents. I can't even get previews to work on Recent Documents by pressing the Shift key. Am I missing something?

This is very likely to make it into an upcoming update, as it would indeed be useful :)

Cheers,

Vero