I had Alfred set to sync its preferences through iCloud Drive to keep them the same across two Macs, but I somehow lost my Powerpack workflows in the process.

The preferences for Alfred on one of my computers were reset as well. I have two preferences files in iCloud Drive now, one labeled Alfred.alfredpreferences and the other Alfred 2.alfredpreferences. Deleting the second one returns my preferences to the ones I had, but the workflows are still gone in both files. (checking the folder within the alfredpreferences package)

These files are the only Alfred preferences files left on the entire drive. Is it possible to recover the workflows?

I had Alfred set to sync its preferences through iCloud Drive to keep them the same across two Macs, but I somehow lost my Powerpack workflows in the process.

The preferences for Alfred on one of my computers were reset as well. I have two preferences files in iCloud Drive now, one labeled Alfred.alfredpreferences and the other Alfred 2.alfredpreferences. Deleting the second one returns my preferences to the ones I had, but the workflows are still gone in both files. (checking the folder within the alfredpreferences package)

These files are the only Alfred preferences files left on the entire drive. Is it possible to recover the workflows?

If you've got two preferences files on iCloud Drive, it's likely that there was a file conflict iCloud couldn't resolve. I haven't heard of many users having issues with using iCloud Drive for syncing, but I also don't know how smoothly it handles conflicts in comparison to the more popular option, Dropbox.

On the primary Mac where you originally set up your workflows, you'll find your Alfred.alfredpreferences file still in its original location in your user directory:

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/

The file contains the settings from before you set up syncing, so it all depends on how long ago you set up syncing. 

Un-set syncing on your secondary Mac first (by using a local location like your Desktop), then on your primary Mac, set up syncing once again. Check that you're satisfied that your workflows and settings are there, and ensure that iCloud has sufficient time to upload your preferences file fully.

On your second Mac, wait until iCloud has fully synced the file back down, then go select the same Alfred.alfredpreferences file.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Vero

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! I copied the file from ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/, and it still had all of my workflows. It now uploaded to iCloud Drive correctly.

Great, glad you're all sorted :)

[Locking thread as issue resolved, but leaving it visible in case it helps other users!]